Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$199
$260
$219
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
Hyatt.com
4,060 results
All reviewscooler bagacross the streetyogurttiki restaurantwolfgang puck expresswaikiki beachocean frontfree breakfastdiamond headpartial ocean viewfloor numberevery morninghonolulu zoohomeless peopleroom keypool deckoceanfront room
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night in room 601. The room was dated and could use a huge modernization. The room was clean but the bathroom looked like it had been fixed up from leaks from the ceiling. The view to the ocen not bad. The other views I live with out. See photos.

All in all I would not stay at this property again, not at $160.00 a night

• Stayed: November 2012
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Aloha and thank you for the pictures and for reviewing our hotel. Our rooms are categorized as Ocean Front, Ocean View, Partial Ocean View, and Standard. This guest room is in our standard category, and reflects the best rates. Some of the highlights of our property include a perfect location in Waikiki directly across the street from the beach, nearby dining, shopping, and popular tourist attractions. We hope you had a fabulous Hawaiian vacation, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mahalo,
Rebecca D.
Guest Services Coordinator

Reviewed November 21, 2012

its a great hotel very good location nice view walking distance to a lot of shopping and resturants. Right across the street from the beach the breakfast that is included is not all that your better off going to McDonalds we have stayed there 9 times but have never gotten a frequent visitor discount or upgrade.

Room Tip: call ahead and pay the extra the rooms overlooking the pool are great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife Joy & I stayed at this hotel & found it to be good value for money.A basic breakfast was available from the pool area & Tiki"s bar & grill done a reasonable meal selection for lunch & dinner,(try their moco loco burger),Although right opposite Waikiki Beach it was not too noisy,our room was a side room that overlooked the hotel next door but as we only use a hotel for "crashing out & a base" that was not a problem !Quirky baggage/patron drop off and pick up area on ground floor with reception/check in desks a floor or two up.Great for shops & restuarants,(try Cheeseburger in Paradise along the road !!)But beware,not all coach & minibus drivers come into the pick up area to see if you"re there,you need to wait on the pavement as we found out to our cost.Still a nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidnashWrexham
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed this hotel on Waikiki Beach. Friendly staff, good service; we would recommend it to others. Good restaurants within the hotel, on the pool level and also below at street level.

As far as location goes, nice easy access to the beach. Keep in mind it doesn't matter which hotel you stay at in this area you will encounter the homeless on the beach area, basically living in those "gazebo" things on Kuhio beach.

So back to the hotel: nice, comfortable. Elevators are great. Don't pay attention to the comments that others have written on the elevators. If you can figure these elevators out, you have no business being on vacation.

Don't let the "breakfast on the beach" be a big factor in your decision on choosing this hotel.

Helpful hint: the pool area has wifi, the rooms have wired Internet. But.....keep in mind a PS3 connected to LAN can function as a makeshift internet browser. :-)

We stayed on the upper floor on the "Diamond Head side" on the hotel. Great view of Diamond Head and the Ocean.

The balconies on the Diamond Head side are smaller than the other side, but the rooms are bigger on the Diamond Head side.

Thanks to the staff! Very pleasant stay. Mahalo!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Caaaaaaaarl
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. I loved the location. I did a lot of research for this trip and I am so glad I picked this hotel. The view was awesome and it was so close to everything. We could walk to the International market. The beach was right across the street. I was pleasantly surprised with the free breakfast. I was thinking like most places they would offer a stale doughnut but not the case, they had a variety of muffins, bagels, doughnuts, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt to choose from. Juice, coffee, milk and tea were also offered. We had no need to go anywhere else for breakfast and you could eat by the pool too if you chose to. They had offered a workout center that I did not use because we walked so much everyday. They had two onsight places to eat and a store. Several other shops connected to the building. They offered free dvd rentals. We took advantage one night and rented a movie. The pool water was a little cold and I must say I was surprised it was salt water. We always had clean towels and I would stay here again if I ever went back.

Room Tip: Get a high floor in the back or front for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends