My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a family wedding. My review of this hotel also includes my criticism of Waikiki as a whole. We flew to Waikiki Beach from the Big Island. It was total culture shock. Why people spend thousands of dollars to travel to Hawaii for a super crowded, dirty, loud, traffic jammed beach area and strip of mega hotels I will not understand. I think it would be cheaper for the same experience in South Beach or Vegas. We are in our early 30's and love the night life as well as the next couple but this just seemed out of place if you're trying to retreat to Hawaii for a relaxing, romantic vaca.
The Aston is located at almost the end of Waikiki Beach. I guess the hotel has had major upgrades. That being said...I would hate to have seen it before. There have been some cosmetic updates but the bathrooms in the rooms and other areas are still outdated and dirty. Our bathroom tile was dirty and cracked in the corners, ceilings had stains. We ended up having to change our room twice. Our first room was really tiny with only double beds. If one person was standing by the fridge the other would have to climb over the first bed to get past. On top of this the A/C was horrible. We called the front desk who sent an engineer who proceeded to clean out what looked like 20 years of compacted dirt off the coils. The air flow was better but not great. We were able to move to a room with a king bed the next day but the A/C was worse. The room would not cool down below 89 degrees! We called and finally spoke to a manager who upgraded us to a junior suite. At least the air was cool in this room and we had some space. We were assured that our luggage would be moved while we are out at dinner. Of course it wasn't upon our return and we had to call again.
This hotel has a decent bar and resto on the 3rd floor. The only down fall is that the live music and club music can be heard all the way up to at least the 16th floor. So if you don't plan on being out partying all night, it's going to be hard to fall asleep over a nightclub.
If you have to stay here you can make it work but I would not recommend this hotel or area for a relaxing Hawaii vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu