$364
$274
$209
Priceline
4,151 results
All reviewscooler bagacross the streetyogurttiki restaurantwolfgang puck expresswaikiki beachhula dancerocean frontdiamond headpartial ocean viewfloor numberevery morninghonolulu zoohomeless peoplecontinental breakfastroom keypool deck
Columbus, OH
Reviewed August 28, 2003

My husband and I stayed at the AWBH August 17th-24th. We liked the hotel very much. Although we agree that its not a 4 star hotel, we didn't pay that much for our room and we were there during the peek of their tourist season. I think we paid about $120 a night, so we didn't really expect a 4 star hotel. Reading prior reviews made me nervous, but once we got there I didn't understand why everyone is complaining.
You get what you pay for, if you expected a nicer hotel don't you think you would be paying a lot more? When I think of a 4 star hotel I would expect to pay over $200 during the peak tourist season. I thought the complaints about the room size where halarious - who goes to Hawaii to spend time in the room? Not to mention most hotel rooms in Honolulu/Waikiki are small. The worst thing about the room was the lack of dresser space. We cleared out one drawer that had the Bible and some paper in it so we would both have one drawer for our underwear, socks and bathingsuits. We hung up a lot of stuff and put everything else on the closet shelf and on top of the safe. The carpet was stained, but you would see them shampoo the carpet so I'm sure it was not "dirty" as some of the other reviews suggested. The decor is ugly, but fun at the same time. I had my husband take my picture in front of the beaded closet with the hula dancer. I loved it! You can not be uptight or a control freak to stay at this hotel, you have to have fun with it. My husband and I are in our mid 20's and thought it was a perfect place for our age group and anyone that just likes to kick back and have fun.
It was nice to stay in a hotel that doesn't look like every other hotel. The elevators were always busy in the morning so the trick is to take the elevator up first and then ride it down. If you try to go down you may have to wait a while before one comes that is not totally crowded. This also depends on what floor you are on - we were on the 15th floor. I loved our room -1501. We had a good view of the ocean and the hotel pool. The Marriott Hotel partially obstructed the view, but there are so many huge hotels in Waikiki I'm sure most of them have the same problem. When we walked out of your room there was a spectacular view of Diamond Head because the hallway was open. Tiki's was a great place to eat. We went at 9pm one night and it was so busy we ended up eating at the bar. They put our order in around 9:15 and we still hadn't received it at 10pm so they took our food off the bill. The bartender felt so bad and kept appologizing but we didn't care because we were drinking and people watching. The food is awesome and if you go when its not busy you can get a great table overlooking the beach. The location is awesome because you are at the end of the strip so its probably a lot quieter and less busy. A prior review was saying it was crowded with a lot of athletes and young people but I think that was true at most of the hotels. What do you expect when you go during the peak tourist season? People who don't like crowds should go to Maui or one of the other islands, or at least stay off Waikiki Beach. If we ever went back to Oahu I would stay at the AWBH again. BOB was so convenient and the food was pretty good. I was so happy we didn't have to try to find a place to have breakfast each morning and it saved us a lot of money. For those of you who need Starbucks there is one right around the corner!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed August 24, 2003

Just returned from our Hawaii vacation. First week was spent in Waikiki at the Aston Waikiki Beach. I recommend that if you will be going during the summer months, to try to find out if any sports tournaments going on in town and if any of the teams will be staying at your hotel.
We must have encountered at least 4 soccer, water polo, volleyball and softball teams all staying here, which made for a very hectic environment. Not exactly a relaxing vacation if you know what I mean.
Appears this hotel caters to groups, so find out first if that will be the case. Breakfast on the beach was ok, but I would rather eat a hot breakfast elsewhere. The rooms are small, but probably not much bigger at any of the other hotels in the area. It is in a great location and do recommend Wolfgang Pucks and the Tiki Grill...both have excellant food for reasonable prices!! Staff was very courteous and was doing their best, considering the crowds during the week we were there. Would really only recommend this hotel if you are on a budget or will not be traveling during the busy summer months.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2003

We stayed at this hotel the week of August 4 and will never stay at this hotel again. I agree with the last review, the bathroom floors were dirty (permanent dirt that could not be cleaned), carpet was dirty. Partial ocean view means view of the hotel across the street and a bit of an ocean view. Staff at the front desk were rude. Breakfast on the beach is okay if you want to eat at the beach, however if you want to stay at the hotel you are fighting to find a table or chair. If it rains you will have to eat in your room and there is only 1 very small table and 2 chairs in the room. Lanai is big enough to stand on, but a chair would not fit on the lanai. The elevators are very slow and you cannot take the stairs because they keep the stairway locked. The pool area was okay, there were always plenty of chairs available to sit by the pool. This hotel is also far away from the main attraction areas (shopping, restaurants, etc) of Waikiki...we did alot of walking. The next time we go to Waikiki we would probably stay somewhere closer to the International Market (centralized). I was disappointed because I was expecting a 3/4 star hotel and got a 1/2 star hotel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed August 19, 2003

Wonderful if you are a teen, travelling with a teen, or want to be surrounded by college/high school kegger-types (or 20-year old newlyweds). I got a great rate and was still disappointed, had I paid full price I would have been very upset. Lots of teens running around, it reminded me of a Jersey Shore hotel. The "renovation" was more like a few coats of paint and some Tahitian-themed furniture. The service was decent, employees were nice enough, but I felt that the overall quality was somewhat poor. The balconies are also pretty small and the pool is tiny. Oahu was awesome! Don't do the Paradise Cove Luau...it's very commercial and not worth the money at all...there is plenty of booze, though...

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2003

We stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for two nights August 5th.
It was horribly crowded and hectic, the rooms were small, and the bathrooms dingy. You have to wait for elevators and then be crammed in with a bunch of people every time you go to your room. The pool, which is tiny, is next to the lobby, so you have to traipse across wet flooring to access the escalator to the street level. Surprisingly, it was fairly quiet (17th floor), even though our room was above and facing the pool. Could be were were too tired to notice. The staff was friendly, but this is a bare bones operation. No extras provided. We had to ask for a fourth bath towel. If you don't care where you sleep, it's not a bad location, but I would spend a little more next time and stay somewhere else. The rooms might be adequate for 2 people, but definitely not for 4. I can't believe the travel agency put us there.
They led us to believe the rooms would be larger and newer. It was lively in that area at night, and you can people watch from your balcony. We didn't eat the free hotel breakfast but ate at the Denny's around the corner instead. We did use the free soft coolers to store our bottled water. The hotel was fine for a stopover to see the Arizona Memorial, but don't spend your whole vacation there.

4  Thank TulsaTraveler43