“Great ocean front hotel”

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Great ocean front hotel”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My partner and I just returned yesterday from Waikiki and we stayed at this hotel for our 20th anniversary. We were upgraded to a junior suite (room 2327) upon our arrival, not requested by us. Great view, great hospitality, right in the heart of Waikiki, with the beach right across the street. We stayed for 7 days and had a marvelous time. We will go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. I didn't think the hotel was pricey at all, compared to all the other hotels and retail stores. All of our requests were met and without hesitation. Would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Request rooms on higher floors so you don't hear the noise from Tiki's bar on the second flo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J0hnstam
MDemello, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary as well! Let us know when you plan to return.

Mark Demello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hilo, HI
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Nice room with a very comfortable bed and we had a partial ocean view from the lanai (Room 1726). The elevator system is unique but the elevators are fast. Free breakfast was pretty good-yogurt, dry cereal, pastries, juice and good coffee with personable, good local entertainment. The only negative was the slow valet parking (at $27 I expected faster service, especially after giving them 15 minutes notice).

Room Tip: Waikiki is a great place to walk and people-watch. This hotel is across the street from the Honolul...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Iris_Hilo
Aloha and thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your support. I apologize for the recent slowdowns with Valet Parking. There is so much road construction in Waikiki (two doors down it goes down to one lane) that our Staff is frequently stuck on the road. Everything should clear by the time APEC begins in approximately two weeks.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for our anniversary for 4 nights. Check in was of course the same experience as everyone else. Could not check in until at least 3 so we went to Starbucks to kill time ( at least it was beachfront). Loved the Starbucks always busy though.
I hated the breakfast, could never find a seat. Breakfast was always gone around eight (annoying).
The last night we stayed there my husband and I were watching tv and he saw a BUG crawl on my arm. Got a napkin to get it off me. Took a second look it was a BEDBUG!!!!
Eww!! I had chills up my spine. Did not sleep that night..
Totally skipped breakfast!
In the morning we checked out ASAP and notified management. They went up to the room to check it out and that was it.
It was a great way to end our trip, thanks!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Helend916
MDemello, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor. I am very concerned, as we wish to know immediately if there are any pests, let alone bed bugs. Please contact my office as soon as possible, as we would like to ensure that we had the room checked by our Pest Control Company and are on top of any potential challenges that may have been there.

I trust that everything else went well during your stay at the hotel

Provo, Utah
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We got the hotel with our flight for the same price as just getting plane tickets, so it was essentially free. We loved it! We had a partial ocean view, which was nice to be able to see the waves in the morning. The room was nice and clean with a fun but modern Hawaiian decor. Bed like any hotel bed, but the pillows were nice and soft. The Tiki's restaurant has good food--a bit pricey, but good. There are lots of places to eat in the area. Parking is expensive. The breakfast in the morning was convenient and had plenty of options for us, with fun music. You can check out beach towels, which was nice. And the location is great for walking down waikiki beach--although the area in front of the hotel is all reef area--which is good for snorkelers or maybe boogie boarding but bad for swimmers. We loved it. Most of the activities on the island will pick you up from the hotel for free.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rowb
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husbad and i went November 2010 for our anniversary, and the whole time i just wanted my kids with us to share the experience. So we are returning with kids and our parents (9 people total) next week. I felt the hotel was awesome. The breakfast is an added bonus with the music and dancer! I am hoping nothing has changed since our last trip. We were on the 11th floor last time and had no issues with Tiki's music. We absolutely loved Tiki's food. Hoping they still have the clams!! I am hoping the trip is as memorable as the last one! Look out Waikiki..we're comming back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteffanieG
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2011

First trip without our kids on our 31 yr anniversary! We were very pleased with this hotel. It is clean and very comfortable bed. The beach access is great and the pool area is quite nice. They allow you to take beach chairs and towels to the beach. The buffet breakfast in the morning had everything we wanted and more! We were able to take a couple of extra snacks to do us in the afternoon when we got hungry. This was a big saver considering food is pricey. The staff all seemed friendly and helpful. I have to say this was the best stay out of 6 different hotels we have stayed at in Waikiki. As I have read other reviews here about complaints on the use of the elevator...READ DIRECTIONS! Quite easy, we had NO problem. I will surely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the poolside have the best view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kkrumen
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Remember this is not a resort but IDEAL for the budget conscious....clean rooms, comfortable beds, nice shower, close to the beach, walk to anywhere in Waikiki and helpful staff. The elevator system is excellent! Do get a room on the upper floors and facing diamond head - much quieter and will lend to the comfort of your trip! Breakfast is easy to grab and go - continental style. Best tip - park two blocks up at the Aston Waikiki Banyon parking garage for $10/day.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank KSM4TRAVEL
MDemello, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Aloha and thank you for staying with us at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel! We appreciate your review. While I understand that you are gearing your comments toward a budget traveler, a lot of our guests prefer to park their car here and have someone return it for them. To that end, our valet rate is extremely reasonable for Kalakaua Avenue properties (ours is $27 per day, and others are more than $30).