Spent over a week at this hotel in July 2003. Overall this place was decent but it is definitely not the four seasons for all you selective hotel guests like me. Staff was very nice and accomodating. We switched rooms a couple of times. We originally booked mauka tower but upgraded before we got there so I really cant comment on the rooms there. Had a partial view room on the opposite side of the pool. Had to step out on a very small balcony to get a good look and it overlooked other hotel rooms and some pipes. We changed rooms the same day.Then had a oceanfront room on the 18th floor. Wonderful view. Advice, If you do get an ocean front room ask for a corner room ( I believe the 29 and 34 numbers) There are only 2 on each floor and they are the bigger rooms.
If you look at the floor plan inside your room door you will see what I mean. We then changed back to partial view(requested poolside) because we were visiting family all day and didnt get good use of the oceanview anyhow with the extra charge. Poolside rooms are better. Decent view but a little more noise if you dont mind. There is nightly music that you can hear and we had 2 small children who went to bed early so it was a little loud. Other advise, make sure you dont get the room that is right in front of the employee access door(there is one on every floor) its right by the ice machine. The employees go through there at all hours and that door slams very loud. I finally had to call the front desk at 2am because the noise kept waking me and my children up.
They didnt let the door slam the rest of the night(unfortunately our last night there) Also check your lanai's for debris. Our first room had lots of broken glass that was not cleaned and my 1 yr old went to pick it up. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Paint and tile was chipped.
Beaded curtains were kind of a nuisance with the kids pulling them.They are irresistable to kids. Rooms are small. Ocean front views are bigger. I was dissapointed with the food from Tiki's Bar and Grill despite other reviews. They have partial room service ie: they can send up one salad but not another or only certain appetizers. So we finally just went down to order(they wouldnt take our order by phone) then wait for the food and bring it up to our room. Wolfgang Pucks food was very good. Breakfast was okay. Good for the kids with easy foods (cereal,milk,fruit,pastry etc). Hotel has a great waikiki location if you want to be in the middle of everything. Definitely not a quiet hotel if your looking for some good R&R. Valet parking only can get annoying at times but there is no other choice. Free beach chairs and towels were a plus. All in all it was okay. A little too busy for my taste but again I did have two small children and we were visiting family and not really spending time at the hotel doing the tourist stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu