We are here now and enjoying it very much.
The hotel web site does not give complete helpful information. The following may help you, as, because it is a condo hotel, one is never sure of what is provided. Because airlines are all about luggage weight, why pack things if you don't have to?
-pool towels are available at the front desk, so no need to bring your own.
-all rooms have blow dryers
-shampoo/conditioner/lotion/soap/bath gel are provided
-paper towels, tea towel, basic cutlery, plates, rice cooker, cups, glasses are provided.
-although they provided packets of ground coffee sealed in round coffee filter packs, it is not good coffee, and you get a few tiny packs of powdered whitener, a single pack of sugar etc that is inadequate, so, be prepared to get take out coffee, or buy grounds at numerous close stores. We use a paper towel as a coffee filter.
-Bring you own salt and pepper or buy at the local grocery store.
-Charlie at the front desk checked us in and is very helpful. All others that we've encountered are nice as well.
-Location.....3 ABC convenience stores within less than a 1 minute walk. Full sized grocery store called the Food Pantry is a 2 minute walk away. Front door to beach is a 1 minute walk. The views are spectacular as long as you are high up. We are on the 31st floor. Am not sure how high you have to be to get a good view. Pool is on 33rd floor. Great view.
-Large lanai with table and 4 chairs
-Excellent water pressure in shower and plenty of hot water
-Good Housekeeping in suite, corridors and lobby.
-Self serve laundry on 3rd floor in parking garage is handy. Quarters only. $2 wash and $2 dry.
Could Be Improved
-Generally, the room and furnishings are in good shape, but the bathroom tub/shower fixtures need replacing. They are old and shabby. The rubber baseboards in the bathroom are peeling away fron the base of the tub. Multiple layers of silicone etc, just doesn't give a feeling of cleanliness. Tub doesn't drain very well.
- Roof top pool is small with not many lounge chairs. No atmosphere up there. Perhaps a bit of piped in music would help. We whisper to each other so others can't hear our conversations. Too quiet and dead feeling. Pool apron needs repainting. Lots of flaking paint.
-Poor lighting. Lamp shades are yellowed out. Dull lighting in kitchen area.
On the whole, we are very pleased. Usually stay at the Sheraton Waikiki, but wanted the ability to have breakfast items etc. at hand, via fridge etc. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Just hope they invest some money on improving some of the older fixtures etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki, the renovated Aqua Pacific Monarch is located just 2 short blocks to world-famous Waikiki Beach and steps to the area's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. The hotel features spacious studios and one-bedroom suites, a restaurant, rooftop pool, jet spa, sauna, sundeck, coin-operated laundry facilities and Parking is available for a fee. Aqua Pacific Monarch embodies true convenience for beach life. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Pacific Monarch allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, each room comes with a mini-refrigerator, microwave, kitchenette with granite countertop and stovetops, and 32-inch LCDTVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Pacific Monarch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Pacific Monarch Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Hotel Pacific Monarch
- Resortquest Pacific Monarch Honolulu
- Pacific Monarch Hawaii
- Resort Quest Pacific Monarch
- Aqua Pacific Monarch Hawaii/Honolulu