My extended family and I spent 9 nights here in April. The biggest factor in choosing this hotel was the price; it is significantly cheaper for a large group than many other hotels in the area. We knew it was a huge risk going for the cheap option, but we were very happy with the value we got for our money. It was 7 of us in a 3-bedroom suite; our room was very clean and comfortable, everything in the room worked as it was supposed to, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel isn't first-class luxury, but that's not what we were looking for in staying here.
The only issues we had were trivial. The wi-fi was sometimes spotty during the day (presumably when more people were using it), but who goes to Hawaii to sit in their hotel room browsing the internet? At night it was much faster. Also, sitting on the balcony there was a lot of noise from the street, but none of our bedrooms faced the road so it wasn't noticeable while sleeping (at least, not from the 8th floor).
What I would not recommend though, is staying here with a car. The parking lot is very small and was full most nights, which probably means there are many people who had to look for spaces elsewhere. However, in my opinion, if you're a tourist staying in the Waikiki area you don't need to rent a car except maybe for a day-trip of the island; bus stops for public transit and tour buses are all within a block, and they will take you anywhere you want to go. Just about everything we needed during our stay, including the beach (who needs a pool?), was less than a 5-minute walk away, and we were easily able to make ourselves at home.
In summary, we had an entirely positive experience here, and would definitely recommend it to groups who don't need a lot of bells and whistles in a hotel room, and especially for people who don't want to break the bank on accommodations. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aqua Waikiki Pearl is a mid-rise hotel tucked into the heart of Waikiki. This location showcases the vibrant city, near shops and restaurants. Located just 2 blocks to Waikiki Beach, this comfortable hotel offers spacious accommodations, large balconies in most rooms, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffeemaker with full kitchens in suites. You'll also enjoy the on-site sports bar, Legends, with multi-screen TV's, as well as various retail shops and services. With the daily hospitality fee Aqua Waikiki Pearl allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Honolulu Prince Hotel
- Honolulu Prince Hotel
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hawaii/Honolulu