“Great Location, Wonderful Staff”

Pearl Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went on a girl trip to Hawaii for some R&R and stayed here for 6 nights. If you just need a clean room to sleep and shower, then this is an excellent choice for lodging. It’s in a great location – few blocks from Waikiki Beach with plenty of shops and restaurants around. If you have a car, it’s also a little easier to find street parking. And they have FREE wi-fi!

To top it off, the whole staff is wonderful! Everyone here was really friendly and helpful. Walking through the lobby was like seeing friends. Jamar and Robbie at the front definitely made our stay at the hotel pleasant. Jamar was amazing and suggested several beaches, hikes, and restaurants for us to check out. All his suggestions did not disappoint.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vee728
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The room we got was not shown on the website. It was a corner room with no balcony, pay per view, phone book, extra pillow, blanket, dry cleaner bag, pen, paper, table or desk to write or eat on. We ended up using the ironing board for our table. Before we got to use the bathroom there was hair on the bathroom floor and hair even stuck to the base board. The sink kept plugging up and the only window you could open was in the bathroom. The parking was so limited, you should count on having to use the public parking car lift that takes time to drop off and pick up. It's about a block away, so you're having to carry your things with you.
The only good things were the friendly staff and convenient location to shops and dinning.
We asked for an upgrade the next morning to a room with a balcony. It was not expensive for the one bdrm suite that had a full kitchen, but the room had a very bad odor. We sprayed perfume all over, and it didn't help much.

Room Tip: Go with a one bedroom with balcony and full kitchen unit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda M
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was perfect for what we need. The rooms were clean and tidy and big, so big tha the TV was a little bit to far from the bed. The staff was great and very friendly. They had fresh water with watermelon in it and coffee all day at the reception. The location was perfect, near Waikiki beach and al the nice shops arround.
Something no so good was the parking lot, allways full and a little expensive. We parked on a parking lot just a few meters away and it was cheaper.
Another thing not no so good was that at night the street gets a little bit noisy.
Although this 2 things we had an excellent time, and we defenitelly would stay at the hotel again,

Room Tip: its better to make the reservation online on the site of the hotel, its cheaper and you can ask for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flor_chowi
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed for 7 days there (for joining 2 day tour of other islands and visiting friend). Its location is very good. Easy access to the Waikiki beach and many restaurants nearby. They also provide microwave (besides fridge) in room. Most of all is their reasonable price in Waikiki.
But they seem not taking care of customer's security. One night the electric power in my room suddenly shut down and it was all dark in room. I have to use my iPhone having light to find the room phone for calling the front desk. They did come in a few minutes and tell me that the main switch of my room electric power (which is outside my room and easily reached by anyone) is trun off by someone. They said it always happens. Another issue that I joined a day tour for Hawaii Big Island and have to depart at 5am early morning for the airport. When I go out of my room, I find a man sleeping outside my door (near corridor). Such things really scare a single woman (me) traveling alone! One more weird thing: when I come back from the day tour that night, a fake Visa credit card (have name but no signature) is inserted in my key slot and they didn't clean up my room that day! For security reason, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KathleenHK
Reviewed June 13, 2013

What wonderful staff that work here!! Looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay off the main drag but very close to all the necessities of Waikiki. We just needed a place to stay for several days, but didn't request an ocean view so got a lovely view of the parking lot behind the building.....oh well. Our other needs were more than met. We needed help making after hours arrangements for a trip to the Arizona Memorial and the desk staff (6/3/2013 night Charla??) called and made necessary arrangements so that we were able to get this done the next day. Several additional requests for extra room supplies were met with cheerful, friendly, and rapid customer service...thank you all for your hard work! It is very good to see folks that truly enjoy their work environment and put customer satisfaction #1.............

Room Tip: If you want a view, you will need to request that and pay probably a little bit more..........
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank happyhawaiitravelers
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Only stayed one night prior to flight to Brisbane but impressed with room size incorporating twin queen size beds but still leaving plenty of room to walk around in. The cleanliness and lack of noise surrounding our room was great and we had a good nights sleep before our flight.
The locality was excellent just a 5 minute walk from The International markets but down a side street towards the beach. The staff were very helpful and eager to please. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.Very well priced.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bob n
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I were in town for a wedding and we decided to book several rooms at this hotel. It is in a great location - on the quiet side of the International Market Place, and near several tasty restaurants. Each morning, staff cleaned our rooms and gave us a new towels. The hotel offers free wi-fi and the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful! There's a computer in the lobby so that you can check into your flight online beforehand. I've stayed in several different hotels in Waikiki, and this one was great and reasonably priced! The room was spacious, although there was a limited amount of furniture. This didn't bother us since it allowed us to walk around the hotel room without bumping into each other constantly. There's a safe that you can use in the closets as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends