“Just what we were looking for...”
Review of Aqua Waikiki Pearl

Aqua Waikiki Pearl
Ranked #73 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Buenos Aires
“Just what we were looking for...”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was perfect for what we need. The rooms were clean and tidy and big, so big tha the TV was a little bit to far from the bed. The staff was great and very friendly. They had fresh water with watermelon in it and coffee all day at the reception. The location was perfect, near Waikiki beach and al the nice shops arround.
Something no so good was the parking lot, allways full and a little expensive. We parked on a parking lot just a few meters away and it was cheaper.
Another thing not no so good was that at night the street gets a little bit noisy.
Although this 2 things we had an excellent time, and we defenitelly would stay at the hotel again,

Room Tip: its better to make the reservation online on the site of the hotel, its cheaper and you can ask for...
1 Thank Flor_chowi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed for 7 days there (for joining 2 day tour of other islands and visiting friend). Its location is very good. Easy access to the Waikiki beach and many restaurants nearby. They also provide microwave (besides fridge) in room. Most of all is their reasonable price in Waikiki.
But they seem not taking care of customer's security. One night the electric power in my room suddenly shut down and it was all dark in room. I have to use my iPhone having light to find the room phone for calling the front desk. They did come in a few minutes and tell me that the main switch of my room electric power (which is outside my room and easily reached by anyone) is trun off by someone. They said it always happens. Another issue that I joined a day tour for Hawaii Big Island and have to depart at 5am early morning for the airport. When I go out of my room, I find a man sleeping outside my door (near corridor). Such things really scare a single woman (me) traveling alone! One more weird thing: when I come back from the day tour that night, a fake Visa credit card (have name but no signature) is inserted in my key slot and they didn't clean up my room that day! For security reason, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KathleenHK
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 13, 2013

What wonderful staff that work here!! Looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay off the main drag but very close to all the necessities of Waikiki. We just needed a place to stay for several days, but didn't request an ocean view so got a lovely view of the parking lot behind the building.....oh well. Our other needs were more than met. We needed help making after hours arrangements for a trip to the Arizona Memorial and the desk staff (6/3/2013 night Charla??) called and made necessary arrangements so that we were able to get this done the next day. Several additional requests for extra room supplies were met with cheerful, friendly, and rapid customer service...thank you all for your hard work! It is very good to see folks that truly enjoy their work environment and put customer satisfaction #1.............

Room Tip: If you want a view, you will need to request that and pay probably a little bit more..........
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank happyhawaiitravelers
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Only stayed one night prior to flight to Brisbane but impressed with room size incorporating twin queen size beds but still leaving plenty of room to walk around in. The cleanliness and lack of noise surrounding our room was great and we had a good nights sleep before our flight.
The locality was excellent just a 5 minute walk from The International markets but down a side street towards the beach. The staff were very helpful and eager to please. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.Very well priced.

Room Tip: The higher the better
1 Thank bob n
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I were in town for a wedding and we decided to book several rooms at this hotel. It is in a great location - on the quiet side of the International Market Place, and near several tasty restaurants. Each morning, staff cleaned our rooms and gave us a new towels. The hotel offers free wi-fi and the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful! There's a computer in the lobby so that you can check into your flight online beforehand. I've stayed in several different hotels in Waikiki, and this one was great and reasonably priced! The room was spacious, although there was a limited amount of furniture. This didn't bother us since it allowed us to walk around the hotel room without bumping into each other constantly. There's a safe that you can use in the closets as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Iammultilingual6
Hawera
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Fairly handy to the beach, easy access to shops and food.
Had to ask for bed linen change and tea/coffee top-up, otherwise clean. Staff were very obliging and friendly.
Hotel faced a one-way access street between main roads and was noisy all hours of day and night. Good sized balcony,but no sea view

Room Tip: Higher the better to avoid road noise
1 Thank Sandra Chris S
Mailtand
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I recently had a 14 night stay at the Aqua Pearl and must say it was a very pleasant experience. It was our first time visiting the island and our stay is wanting us to return in the future. The hotel is a family friendly hotel and is clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 6th floor and found it was good for the noise factor, the higher the better. Of course you will get garbage truck noise , cant avoid that. You pay for what you get. It is not a five star hotel, so don't stay here if your looking for glitz and glamour. A huge positive is that the Aqua Pearl is very central to every day needs, Food Pantry in next block, Star Bucks on the corner for wonderful coffee, International markets across the road, beach just a short walk. The staff are of the upmost friendly people I have ever met ( Charity, Rachel, Eric , Harry just to name a few) they are all very inviting people. All in all, our stay with our 3 children was excellent and will stay here again. Well worth it. A+++++++++++

Room Tip: Higher floor less noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family