“Bob and Rose Brisbane”

Pearl Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Only stayed one night prior to flight to Brisbane but impressed with room size incorporating twin queen size beds but still leaving plenty of room to walk around in. The cleanliness and lack of noise surrounding our room was great and we had a good nights sleep before our flight.
The locality was excellent just a 5 minute walk from The International markets but down a side street towards the beach. The staff were very helpful and eager to please. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.Very well priced.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bob n
There are newer reviews for Pearl Hotel Waikiki

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I were in town for a wedding and we decided to book several rooms at this hotel. It is in a great location - on the quiet side of the International Market Place, and near several tasty restaurants. Each morning, staff cleaned our rooms and gave us a new towels. The hotel offers free wi-fi and the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful! There's a computer in the lobby so that you can check into your flight online beforehand. I've stayed in several different hotels in Waikiki, and this one was great and reasonably priced! The room was spacious, although there was a limited amount of furniture. This didn't bother us since it allowed us to walk around the hotel room without bumping into each other constantly. There's a safe that you can use in the closets as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iammultilingual6
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Fairly handy to the beach, easy access to shops and food.
Had to ask for bed linen change and tea/coffee top-up, otherwise clean. Staff were very obliging and friendly.
Hotel faced a one-way access street between main roads and was noisy all hours of day and night. Good sized balcony,but no sea view

Room Tip: Higher the better to avoid road noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra Chris S
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I recently had a 14 night stay at the Aqua Pearl and must say it was a very pleasant experience. It was our first time visiting the island and our stay is wanting us to return in the future. The hotel is a family friendly hotel and is clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 6th floor and found it was good for the noise factor, the higher the better. Of course you will get garbage truck noise , cant avoid that. You pay for what you get. It is not a five star hotel, so don't stay here if your looking for glitz and glamour. A huge positive is that the Aqua Pearl is very central to every day needs, Food Pantry in next block, Star Bucks on the corner for wonderful coffee, International markets across the road, beach just a short walk. The staff are of the upmost friendly people I have ever met ( Charity, Rachel, Eric , Harry just to name a few) they are all very inviting people. All in all, our stay with our 3 children was excellent and will stay here again. Well worth it. A+++++++++++

Room Tip: Higher floor less noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Belinda F
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at a different Aqua hotel last year and I chose Aqua Pearl this year based on the location and good reviews from Trip Advisor. I have to admit, most reviews are correct. The hotel is really well-located. It's closed to the bus and trolley stops. A grocery store and a popular Japanese udon are just a block away. It's a long walk to the beach anyway. Staffs at Aqua Pearls are much friendlier than those at the other Aqua hotel I stayed last year. I booked the junior suite, so the room was quite large. Beds were clean and comfortable. Bathroom was clean too. After 10pm, the hotel entrance is closed and guests have to use to scan the room access card to enter the hotel. I think it's a plus. I like free Wi-Fi access in the room and the free Apple computer at the lobby for everyone to use. The only cons I found are the hotel is quite noisy in early morning due to the garbage pickup trucks even though my room was on 8th floor. There are limit parking space and they charge $23/day and they don't have a pool. I myself prefer the beach than the pool.

Overall, my family really enjoyed our time at Aqua Pearl. If you're looking for a luxury hotel, then Aqua Pearl is not for you. If you're looking for clean hotel, comfortable bed in a central location, then you should try Aqua Pearl out. I definitely return to Aqua Pearl for my next trip to Oahu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at higher level and pay a bit extra to get the Junior suite. The room size is almost...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NguyenFamily
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel because we were going on a cruise the next day. For the money, this is a very great hotel. I booked this hotel on the Aqua Waikiki Pearl website and got a 20% discount. Rooms our very clean and it is in a perfect location. I had no complaints. I did not hear any club noise from outside the room. Elevators worked fine. I rate this hotel 4.5 and if I come back to Hawaii I would really consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KevS27
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the place you want to stay if you are going to Hawaii on a budget.
The room are clean and a bit small but you don't need much sinces you will spend your time outside. The staff are really nice and helpful, don't hesitate to ask them anything.
The hotel is very well located. This is a grocery store in walking distance.
The only thing I badly missed was a pool.
This is not a luxury hotel but I didn't pay for one either.

Room Tip: Upper level, 6 ans up, less noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family