“The best staff and great location”

Pearl Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #73 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was our first time to Hawaii after 30 years. We had the best time. We stayed at this hotel for 2 days before and 4 days after doing the Pride of America cruise (which was fantastic). We had a standard room for the first 2 days and it was spacious and clean. The staff were the best, very obliging and helpful. Our stay was great. For the last 4 days we had a bigger room with a balcony and this was even better. Both rooms had a microwave and a fridge and we ate in a couple of times as we were exhausted from having a good time. The location was perfect - close to buses, beach(very short walk),Denny's, International Marketplace and best of all close to Ross. Big thanks to Jay ("Harry" as my husband called him) as he helped make our stay even better

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet_M_13450
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Location across from the international market was handy. Staff were pleasant enough. Airconditioning works. Management needs to spend some serious money to bring this hotel up to par.

Rented a Junior suite so we could enjoy a lanai. Carpets are grubby and in dire need of a steam clean. My feet were dirty 10 minutes after taking a shower. Grime around metal frame of sliding door. Magnetic seal on the fridge is weak causing the door to be ajar and ice to melt on more than one occassion. Couldn't enjoy lanai because of noisy road repairs during the day and the chap across the road using a circular saw in the evening. Noisy all the time it seems. Drunkards leaving the bar downstairs at 2am. Then come the garbage trucks. No pool.

Why come all the way to Hawaii and stay in this dump? People who have given rave reviews must be hallucinating.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been on this hotel several times in the past, starting 20 years ago when it even had a different name. My previous stay to this trip was in 2009 for a couple times. I was able to get better rates when calling front desk or emailing them rather than booking online using all different websites.
The room had microwaves and fridge which are a plus in case you are staying for several days. The location is very good, close to several shops, to the beach and to the main street - there is even a Starbucks a few meters away on the corner.
The down side is the same as most hotels there, the parking... it costs 23.00 per day and they do not have space enough for all guests - do not even consider double parking since they will tow your car. Aditional parking is on another hotel accross the street.
Internet is ok - not very fast but will do most what is needed in reasonable speed.
I would definitively return on my next visit to Honolulu.

Room Tip: Rooms with street view are much better than the ones towards the other building - you cannot keep th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcus_Coltro
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This small hotel is very comfortable. As previous reviews have stated, the air conditioner is a little loud, as are the sounds from other doors closing. The room was comfortable and well attended. The staff were superior in attentiveness. I was very impressed with the manner in which the front desk staff handled a sensitive matter (not the fault of the hotel's) from a very angry guest. They were patient, professional and attentive. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kamaria245
Reviewed May 10, 2013

From the moment I walked in to this beautyFULL hotel... all of my senses were seduced. The watermelon water that's offered in the lobby is so REFRESHING after a day at the beach. ALL of the staff were very warm and inviting and due to complications I had to leave my luggage with them for a few days... EVERYTHING was well taken care of and one of the bellman even arranged a last minute shuttle for me to make it to the airport on time. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are ever in the area... there are about 16 different locations though so be sure you know which AQUA you are staying at. Overall my experience was one of the BEST & being from Las Vegas I expect allot when it comes to service. THANK YOU to ALL the staff for ALL that you do on a daily basis!!! Keep up the good work... I will definitely return when I am visiting Hawaii in the future :)

Room Tip: just ask for an upgrade... if they have the rooms available they will upgrade if possible :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dmoschella
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Before my travels I read somewhat mixed reviews about this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised with how great of an experience I had. This hotel is in a terrific location, especially for the price. Only a couple minutes walk to the beach (we made this trek at least 20 times, as it was so close). Also right in the center of shopping, including the international market. The hotel had a nice amount of space (there was 6 of us in a 2 bedroom unit) and we never felt cramped or in each other's way. The unit has a small kitchen with a medium sized fridge and is stocked with dishes, pots, pans, toaster etc. for dining in. Most importantly this unit was clean! The decor is modern and consistent throughout the units (from what we could tell). No pool, which is a bit of a downfall, but like I said the beach is practically a hop, skip, and a jump away. Housekeeping came everyday with fresh towels and toiletries and to make beds and dispose of trash. Overall a wonderful experience, would definitely stay here again! Thank you Aqua Waikiki Pearl!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenni520
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It may not be a 5 star hotel BUT the front desk AND security service during my stay was a 5 star. All hotel employees were friendly, professional, personable, experienced, knowledgeable about so many things like directions, places to and how to get there. At night I would chat with some of the night crew, we laughed, chatted and shared some of life's experiences with each other. I wouldn't stay at another hotel if I should go back and I hope I do someday. I can honesty say I miss the staff at Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel. Charity, Rachael, Ese and another daytime tall man were so awesome! I really do miss them. They all made my stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: The location of this hotel is perfect, Starbucks is a few seconds walking distance away. Centrally...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo