“enjoyable stay”

Pearl Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This small hotel is very comfortable. As previous reviews have stated, the air conditioner is a little loud, as are the sounds from other doors closing. The room was comfortable and well attended. The staff were superior in attentiveness. I was very impressed with the manner in which the front desk staff handled a sensitive matter (not the fault of the hotel's) from a very angry guest. They were patient, professional and attentive. I definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Kamaria245
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

From the moment I walked in to this beautyFULL hotel... all of my senses were seduced. The watermelon water that's offered in the lobby is so REFRESHING after a day at the beach. ALL of the staff were very warm and inviting and due to complications I had to leave my luggage with them for a few days... EVERYTHING was well taken care of and one of the bellman even arranged a last minute shuttle for me to make it to the airport on time. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are ever in the area... there are about 16 different locations though so be sure you know which AQUA you are staying at. Overall my experience was one of the BEST & being from Las Vegas I expect allot when it comes to service. THANK YOU to ALL the staff for ALL that you do on a daily basis!!! Keep up the good work... I will definitely return when I am visiting Hawaii in the future :)

Room Tip: just ask for an upgrade... if they have the rooms available they will upgrade if possible :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dmoschella
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Before my travels I read somewhat mixed reviews about this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised with how great of an experience I had. This hotel is in a terrific location, especially for the price. Only a couple minutes walk to the beach (we made this trek at least 20 times, as it was so close). Also right in the center of shopping, including the international market. The hotel had a nice amount of space (there was 6 of us in a 2 bedroom unit) and we never felt cramped or in each other's way. The unit has a small kitchen with a medium sized fridge and is stocked with dishes, pots, pans, toaster etc. for dining in. Most importantly this unit was clean! The decor is modern and consistent throughout the units (from what we could tell). No pool, which is a bit of a downfall, but like I said the beach is practically a hop, skip, and a jump away. Housekeeping came everyday with fresh towels and toiletries and to make beds and dispose of trash. Overall a wonderful experience, would definitely stay here again! Thank you Aqua Waikiki Pearl!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenni520
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It may not be a 5 star hotel BUT the front desk AND security service during my stay was a 5 star. All hotel employees were friendly, professional, personable, experienced, knowledgeable about so many things like directions, places to and how to get there. At night I would chat with some of the night crew, we laughed, chatted and shared some of life's experiences with each other. I wouldn't stay at another hotel if I should go back and I hope I do someday. I can honesty say I miss the staff at Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel. Charity, Rachael, Ese and another daytime tall man were so awesome! I really do miss them. They all made my stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: The location of this hotel is perfect, Starbucks is a few seconds walking distance away. Centrally...
1  Thank Louise Q
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of April. Spacious room (which lacked a chair - only had a couch). Included a 'kitchenette' that was not well supplied (no paper towels or dish towels, for example.) Great location (just a few minute walk to the beach and great restaurants.) Very friendly staff. Local grocery store delivered groceries before our arrival (great service!) Room was not clean (hair in tub drain, bugs on counter) and even had a gecco on the wall. We are not squeamish folks and understand the challenges of tropical weather. When we camp, we expect bugs. But not in a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

An excellent hotel with value for money. Having been to Honolulu many times this is a quiet achiever. If needing an in house restaurant is not on your agenda this is a goer. (There are dozens of eateries within meters anyhow!)
Don't judge the outside of the building looking a bit average as the rooms are extremely spacious and well appointed.
A bonus is the staff friendliness from Front office through Housekeeping.

1  Thank Bruce P
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We we're first time travelers to Hawaii and staying at this hotel defiantly made our experience all the more enjoyable. The staff are very friendly, helpful and would do anything to make sure you enjoy your experience and not just at the hotel. Rooms are very spacious, very clean and comfortable. Location is perfect, close to the beach, shops, transport and restaurants. We will defiantly be returning to the Aqua Waikiki Pearl and recommending this hotel to all our family and friends. We traveled as a couple but this defiantly would be perfect for families too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple