“This is the Place to Stay if You Want to Be Close to the Action”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Waikiki Pearl

Aqua Waikiki Pearl
Ranked #73 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Blackfalds, Canada
“This is the Place to Stay if You Want to Be Close to the Action”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed for six nights in February. The room was clean other than the door frame to the balcony which was sticky. The pigeons roost on the balcony ledges, chairs and tables and we had to wipe up the messes before sitting down. It's an ongoing problem in Honolulu. Our room faced the street which had lots of traffic starting at 5:30 a.m. so if you want peace and quiet you might want a location further from that area. The staff was excellent, however. All were friendly and courteous. There is a laundromat on the third floor that was handy. A starter breakfast and snacks were served daily and I really enjoyed the watermelon water. Be aware parking is an extra $23 per day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here one night in February not knowing what to expect - turned out to be a great choice. Harry, Dexter, and Eric at the front desk were very welcoming and accommodating. Thank you, guys! Look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Shoreline2
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for cousin's wedding. The place is rather old, but relatively clean and the price was affordable. They have 2-bedroom suite upstairs complete with full-size refrigerator and kitchen, which is nice for cooking. The rooms were bit scruffy and had a faint smell of mold, but generally clean enough. It was at a great location near shopping center and the Waikiki beach and staffs were friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Staff at the front desk Rachael, Charity, Eric, Jamar, Dester and the rest of the team were courteous, friendly and very welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel to whomever chooses to visit Hawaii who is looking for affordable yet pleasant accommodation. The location of the hotel is centered in the heart of Waikiki therefore, everything that you require is within short walking distance. The view is also spectacular at night =] I will definitely be staying there on my next visit, until then thank you Aqua Waikiki Pearl for the great service Looking forward to seeing you's again real soon! Mahalo xx

• Stayed January 2013
Fair Oaks, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our first trip to Waikiki. Found the rates (reasonable) on Hotels.com. The staff is extremely courteous. Our room was cleaned daily..Lewlyn did a Fabulous job! There are 2 elevators, only one was operating, so there were long waits for the elevator, especially early in the day when the cleaning staff was working. No amenities at this place (restaurant, pool, market, bar).

Room Tip: It's better to stay on a higher floor where it's not so noisy. Expect to hear lots of noise...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emma E
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I understand this is a budget hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had been staying at another hotel where there was a power outage. Knowing it was ProBowl weekend, I didn't expect much. So I walked over to the Pearl.The staff quickly found a comfortable room, offered me a cup of coffee and I was on my way. Although there was only one lift working, I quickly found the stairs. Later in the evening as I was passing the front desk the staff asked if I needed anything. I didn't. There were enough towels, not real fluffy, but neatly folded with shampoo and conditioner....etc.

Room Tip: Quiet is on the upper levels not facing the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DBUDs
Salida, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were extremely pleased with our room for 6, especially for the price! Would love to stay at place right on the water, but that's out of our price range. When I called to directly reserve the room, the guy was amazing! He told me not to prepurchase transportation from the airport - saved me a lot of money. I got a taxi for the 6 of us for $35. He also gave me lots of pointers. The location was perfect - just a short walk to the beach and we often cut through the International Place and did shopping too. Loved the Starbucks next door, the noodle restaurant, and DaBig Kahuna Pork sandwiches and even walks along the canal. We had two bedrooms, pull out sofa, and full kitchen (except oven - only stovetop). Thought we were going to not like having extra large closet in one bedroom, while bathroom was in the other bedroom. It actually worked out fine and we loved having spacious rooms. I stayed at another boutique hotel and the room was cramped. Not this one. Bed very comfortable! Our lanai overlooked a city scape, but could see the pretty pool lights across the street at night and lucked out having a palm tree just outside. Really enjoyed family time chatting on the lanai in the mornings and evenings. Easy to get around from this location. The best part was the friendly staff. They were soooo helpful! We honestly felt the aloha spirit from every staff person - it was almost like we were family. I asked a lot of questions about the college system and living there - they were so sweet and kind. Two different staff members even printed information for me. I bought a picture CD from Island Divers and I am having a hard time getting it - they were supposed to drop it off before we left. I have called, no response. So I called the hotel to see if maybe they had it. No, but they are going to have the conceirge work on getting it for me. That's service!!! I will definitely stay here in the future!!!!

Room Tip: Tell the person what you want/ don't want and ask them for the best fit! Corner room on the 6th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family