“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
London, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for 19 nights, arriving on the 23rd September. Booking online was a breeze as was check-in. The one thing we noticed was the steep stairs to the entrance which is a hindrance if you have heavy luggage. There was no ramp, which would have been useful. If there are enough staff available to help, this would not be much of a problem, otherwise it can be; although to be fair, we didn't see anyone struggling or stranded outside at the time of our stay.

We opted for the Junior Suite, partial Ocean View which meant paying a little more, but the room was fabulous with A/C, two large beds and verandas, a flat-screen TV, safe, Wi-Fi, coffee-maker and microwave included. We were on the top (15th floor), but the elevators are so speedy it takes less than15 seconds to reach Ground floor uninterrupted. The staff were very friendly. On a couple of occasions when we had minor problems, it took a while for the situation to be resolved and in one case, I had to resolve the problem myself despite promises that help would be forthcoming.

Generally, the room was kept very clean, but once or twice I noticed the carpet was not swept by the bed and the trash wasn't emptied from the bin by the TV. However, considering the size of the rooms and the hotel, this is very forgivable as the cleaners work non-stop to provide a clean environment.

The location of the hotel is very good. Bus stops are literally outside the front door. The beach is a leisurely 10 minute walk away. Shops and restaurants are, again, in the street outside the front door.

We had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at the Aqua Waikiki Wave and would not only recommend this to anyone, but would happily stay here again as our first choice. Due to no ramp being available and the other nuisances mentioned above, I've rated this 4 stars overall instead of 5.

Room Tip: Don't book rooms with a single veranda on the east side (facing the canal) because it gets very...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ASuperGav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have rent a room with hotwire, with a discount and we have really liked our stay. Like I say in the title, the place is nice, a little bit outdated (the rooms). It was clean, with coffee and a small fridge. I heard the have renovated the hotel...
The look from the balcony is ok, on left side, the beach, on right side, mountains ! In front... another hotel and a garage... Take upper floor above 6th.
The entrance looks nice and the location is awsome. 10 minutes from the beach and shopping, right in front of a superb noodle restaurant.
The service from the people at the counter is excellent and we have left our luggage for couple of hours in storage and it went well, no steal.
I recommand this hôtel for sleep :) (not for chilling in the place)

Room Tip: Take upper floor, the look from the balcony is th a garage under the 6th floor
    • 3 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is a hidden jewel. This hotel is well kept, vibrant , decorated with class and managed by staff members who insure your stay is pleasurable. Frank was the front desk clerk who accommodated my request for an upgrade without hesitation. The following day my wife and I pulled in front of the hotel after an exhausting day of site seeing and the bell staff were there to assist her not only out the car, but up to our room and we did not request that service. I've stayed in 5 star hotels who weren't as customer friendly. My wife and I will stay here the next time we are in Oahu and recommend this hotel to anyone we know headed to Oahu. Aloha!

1 Thank Annard1
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were on the 14th floor, had a balcony which had mountain, city, and partial ocean views. Room was clean, nicely appointed. Good value. Wonderful to watch the sunsets from. Easy walk to the beach and many restaurants as well as stores which stayed open late. The city bus stopped right in front of the hotel as did the Trolley "pink line" to Ala Moana shopping center. We enjoyed our stay and the front desk folks were helpful, professional and made us laugh too!

3 Thank TheAlaskans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This will be my third stay at this hotel and I am extremely pleased once again. This hotel is great quality for price and the staff is what keeps me returning. I came with a friend and when we checked in we asked for an upgrade since I am a returning customer. The person I spoke to said he couldn't accommodate this as it was sold out and we were slightly disappointed. We began chatting with Michael a few days later and he upgraded us immediately to a beautiful corner junior suite with a view of the fireworks. But he didn't stop there. The next day we came and told Michael our plans as we rented a car and he pulled out a map and immediately began helping us plan. He showed us the must sees and also where to stay away from. Chris also offered some great recommendations, what a nice guy! They gave us fantastic options and we ended up having an amazing day. They were so sweet and caring, telling us to make sure our shoes laces were tied tight on our hike as it would be slippery and equipped us with extra towels (awh!) Today we are checking out, and when I told Michael I was going to the beach as our flight leaves at 10pm, he even gave us a late check out for 2pm instead of 12pm so we could enjoy our extra half a day here. He then gave us cookies and chocolates as a thank you. I am telling you right now this hotel thrives off of its people and Michael is an amazing person and a key player to this hotel's success. Both my friend and I will be returning to this hotel and Michael and the team are a huge part of our decision. I must call out a few others who made my last visit in October 2012 with my boyfriend extra special...Isaac, Dexter, and James thank you guys as well! As long as a hotel makes their guests feel as special as they made me feel they deserve this five star rating!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank princessdb
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and i spent 10 days here in October, we had room 1516, partial ocean veiw, this is very true, but not just a small view either. we would sit on the balcony and watch what was happening with the clouds over the mountains and the surfers on the waves. the room was comfortable, the hotel staff were very helpfull. we would happily stay here again. there's no pool and Its not on the beach, but its just a short walk to the beach. thebus stops just outside the door, close to all the shopping and a 10% discount at Macy's on the room key. go for the higher floors as there is live music around most nights, up high the noise wasn't to noticable. cleaning staff are good.

Room Tip: rooms on the west side and high up are the better rooms, 1515 is classed as the best in the hotel.
1 Thank Bruce B
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was great to stay at with a good location very close to stores, restaurants, close to bus to the shopping centre and a short walk to Waikiki beach for a decent price. Everything was clean they give you beach towels to use. Great staff, Terrina spent time sharing information about different restaurants and we were given an upgrade to move up a few floors. Was not terribly noisy they even provide guests with ear plugs. Would highly recommend and would stay here again. The only negative is they require a deposit and with the credit card deposit and return you end up losing money. Next time I will likely leave cash for the deposit if possible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends