My husband and I just spent 10 nights at this charming hotel.
We had a big room on the 10th floor. Beautifull view of the mountains and canal and if I craned my neck a bit standing on the balcony I could even see a glimpse of the ocean. The bed was comfortable and we used the practical little kitchenette. They also have free Wifi wich always is a big plus for me.
The only bad thing I have to say about the room is that hotel still has the old fashioned jalousie windows that are not very good a blocking out noise. It was very windy and the wind was able to run through the closed window panes and make a lot of noise that what, traffic noise was also quite loud even though we where on the 10th floor.
The breakfast was horrible in our opinion, and there where nowhere for us to sit and eat it the first day we came down. After that we decided to simply skip eating it and opted for buying breakfast at Starbucks or shopping fruit and yoghurt at a supermarket instead.
This hotel is a couple of blocks from the beach, and the pool area is tiny, so if you are planning to spend all your time by the pool or on Waikiki this hotel is not for you.
If however, you are more of an explorer like me, the hotel is really good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Otel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu