Waikiki Shore
$372
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
Ala Moana Hotel
$326
$450
$226
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
Agoda.com
$202
$190
  • Beachfront
All reviewswasher and dryeroutrigger reefcastle resortsfriday night fireworksfull kitchenarmy museumpark viewbedroom condofort derussy parkhilton fireworksapartment was cleangreat condotwin bedsliving areaceiling fanbeach walkbeach towels
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The Good:
Room 1412 was very nice. Booked through Captain Cook vacation rentals. Great views in this room, room was very up to date, washer and dryer in the room. Don't have to pack as much when you can wash. It was less than a 5 minute walk to the main shopping district and restaurants on Kalakaua Dr. Fantastic Location. Everything we expected.

The Bad:
Not many places to park at this condo. Book early.

Cable TV was pixelating and made watching TV an issue in the late evenings. I did report this at the end of my stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnny h
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Staying here was a disappointment. The rooms are not as described on the website. Our 2 bedroom ended up being one bedroom with twin beds and a bed in the livingroom separated by a partition. If the partiction was closed, you didn't get any of the air circulating. The blinds were broken and couldn't be opened or closed. The hot water faucet in the bathroom was broken and very hard to turn on, the shower door did not close properly. The dishwasher was disgusting. The was hair in the bathroom sink, on the counter, on the floor and on the desk. They did move us to another room after we complained which was a better, but still not totally clean. At least the blinds worked. It was very windy when we were in Honolulu and you could hear the wind whistling all night and the windows moving in the second bedroom.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Laurie Z
Kennywaikikishore, General Manager at Waikiki Shore, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I will double check on the website description for accuracy with our marketing dept.
I will review with housekeeping your comments to make sure that we do better next time.
Thank you for the comments, we can only improve as we follow up on our customers' feedback.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Castle Waikiki Shore in May of 2013. We had 22 people come for a wedding, but we were the only 2 who stayed here. Why did we? It was ALL about the view for me!! I did my homework, and I love the reviews on TripAdvisor. You read the good along with the bad, and then make your personal decision. I was not disappointed at all. I knew the furnishings would be a little outdated, but I also knew from seeing others’ photos that I was going to get the view I wanted – and man did I!!! Having Fort DeRussy Park right next door is perfect because your view is not blocked at all on the upper levels. And we got the best of both worlds. In hotels you had to pick a side – did you want a view of Diamond Head, or did you want to see the sunset. Well, at the Castle, you get both! Right out our front door was a perfect view of Diamond Head, and right from our bed & lanai was a perfect view of the ocean! I could not have been more pleased!!

Isaac was wonderful! He knew how important my view was and was able to put us in the Pent House Studio #3 Deluxe Ocean View. Closest to the ocean are the 2-bedroom suites, then 1-bedroom suites, then ours was the first studio so we were as close to the ocean as possible. All employees were very nice!

You use your room key fob to have access past the lobby and into the elevator. Also, you can take the elevator down and go out the east gate which literally puts you right in the sand. But to get back in there, you have to use your key fob, so it’s very secure. And there’s a shower right inside that entrance to rinse off with, oh and you can check out beach towels at the front desk if needed. Having a garage door opener is also nice for parking. It feels very safe. The spots are tight, but just be careful and you are fine.

There is a Subway and a few shops on the lower level outside as well as public restrooms and shower heads to rinse off on the beach. The beach is sandy, but others are correct in that the ocean rocks are really hard to walk on in front of the Castle so wading is not enjoyable there. But I was too busy snorkeling at other spots like Hanauma Bay & Dolphin Excursions to notice. You are close to so much! Great shopping & dining! I would totally stay at Castle Shore again!

Room Tip: Ask for as close to the ocean as possible and above the palm trees for a great view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sharona H

Aloha and thank you for your kind review.
We are a beach front property with an unobstructed view of the ocean.
We are a condominium property with full kitchens and washer/dryers in each unit.
We are also in walking distance of restaurants and shops in Waikiki.
Thank you for doing your research and choosing Castle Waikiki Shore.
Thank you for acknowledging Isaac.
Mahalo

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent two weeks at the Waikiki Shores last month, our fourth stay, and continue to find it the best place to stay in Waikiki. Our room was very nice, clean and spacious with a great view of the park and beach. We decided to splurge and spend our second week in a beachfront suite on the fifth floor. It was an amazing room with the front bedroom right over the beach with sliding doors and windows on all sides. The staff were great, always available and nice. You can't really stay any closer to the ocean than at the Waikiki Shores. We could sit on our balcony and have coffee in the morning and watch turtles swim around the jetty right in front of the hotel. Having a washer and dryer is a big plus, as well as a fully stocked kitchen. Bring your own laundry soap and dishwasher soap though as they only give you enough for one use. I will say the sofa bed in the studio was torture, always has been, but we overlook it and make do as it is really the only down side to an otherwise amazing place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TParty

Thank you for the wonderful review.
I agree with you.
We are a great condominium/hotel beach front property with one of the better views in Waikiki.
Thank you for acknowledging the staff.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Positives first.
The apartment was located right on the beach and as it is beside the army park, there are no hotels that block the views. The apartment was functional with kitchen, bathroom, washing machine and dryer, space for the bedroom (separated from the living space by a sliding partition). The glass doors and large balcony facing the army park with ocean and city views were fantastic. Room was clean and spacious. It is also well located close to the main shopping strip at Waikiki, and a short bus ride away from the Ala Moana shopping centre.

Negatives
The apartment is dated. The kitchen and bathroom need to be updated. A few things in the room did not work: the washing machine plumbing was blocked so water partly flooded the apartment when we used it, the toilet blocked, and the iPod dock did not work. However, the staff are very friendly and responsive, and repaired them. Note the maintenance staff do not work past the evenings. So after being out in the daytime, and when we did the washing in the evening and partly flooded the apartment, we had to wait till the next day for maintenance to repair. There are also no restaurants or room service in the hotel, however there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

There is also no pool if you book via castle. If you book via Outrigger, then you can use the Outrigger pool located next door, but the downside here is that the staff at the front desk only service the persons booking via Castle, and there is a phone in the lobby for Outrigger customers to use.

While this resort is on the beach front, I discovered the beach in front of the hotel looks nice and sandy, but is actually is fairly rocky in the water so time in the water here was not such a pleasant experience. We found this rocky sand extended up toward the Hilton Waikiki Village. The sand improved as we went down toward the main beach section of Waikiki (where most of the resorts are) which is about a 10 min walk along the beach. I did find this tiresome after a while as the beach hear the hotel did not have nice sand, there was no pool, and we had to lug our stuff 10 mins along the hot sand for a swim.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family