“Wow! Waikiki has sure changed!!”
Review of Waikiki Shore

Waikiki Shore
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It has been a long time since I have been to Waikiki. There is so much to do and see on the "Strip". Hotels have sprung up all over. With that said, the Waikiki Shore is a great place to stay. I like that it was on the ocean (not many are these days) and next to a park so you didn't have to look at another hotel. We stayed in an ocean view studio. The kitchenette was great to have. Starbucks was right next door at the Outrigger Reef. We were walking distance to everything. I would definitely come back to this location,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jan D
RAhlo, General Manager at Waikiki Shore, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Aloha and E Komo Mai ,
Welcome back to Waikiki.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
You are correct. Waikiki Shore is a beachfront location and within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Waikiki Shore

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wow .... great place to stay. Steps from the beach,close to restaurants and great shopping.A little dated but well maintained. Wifi was a little weak but was good enough for what we needed to do. Would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments.
We look forward to your return.
Waikiki Shore is a great place to stay - beachfront and centrally located..
All of our units have now wireless routers for your use.
Mahalo

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed January 2013. First we were supposed to have a beachfront unit but when we got there none available so we had 3rd floor at the back ! Traffic noise almost impossible to shut out - slept with earplugs. There is no doubt the location is great and even from the back the views were good (especially the sunsets) but the building is like your aging Great Aunt - once beautiful and the life of the party but now the years have told and she is a bit creaky with too much cracking makeup. A number of things didn't work to start with (lights, microwave) and some broke mid-stay (hairdryer) - the handle fell off the shower screen door. Five of us couldn't fit around the table. Ok - there are other more expensive places on Waikiki beach (and it is right on the beach) and this isn't stratospherically expensive so if you can put up with things like this its probably worth it.

Room Tip: High and beach end would be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Brissie3333
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was there on a 15 night vacation from Dec 21 - till Jan 4th with my husband and my two teens (on my 20th anniversary). I knew that staying here would cost us $3600.00 and for me that is a lot of money....I could have bought my son a car for that!! I booked this "once in a lifetime" family trip almost a year prior with ONLY ONE special request. Just one. I asked that since it's our first and most likely ONLY time we will EVER be able to afford to come to Hawaii (knowing that for what I was paying I could only end up in a room only on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors) I asked could I PLEASE - out of those 3 whole floors - be on the highest floor and closest to the beach?? Pretty please. They said "we will put it in your file." I called a few times out of excitement to check to see if they really cared and made this arrangement for us. Nobody would tell me. Finally two days before and also the day before, I called they wouldn't tell me anything!! So I finally get to Hawaii and Im at the lobby and Issac tells me that I was black listed for calling so much and therefore the staff put me on the 2nd floor as FAR away from the beach as possible...by the road. Room 216. Nice eh? I broke down crying in their lobby on my very first day in paradise. So if you are looking for great staff - this is NOT your place. I will never forget this day and how they made me feel, and the fact that my kids had to watch their Mother cry knowing how much this trip meant to us. So I guess after Issac saw me cry he miraculouly found a new room 205 closer to the water and I suppose he figures he made it all better. But it wasn't better, this was mean, and I'll always remember this terrible moment. Anyway, this room ended up with a view that was good, the door stuck and the beds suck, and the maid bangs on your door at 8:30am most mornings and never cleans the place. But we loved the location and the beach was within view and not bad after the crap they put me through....so i acted like I was thrilled and even tipped Issac 20 bucks the next day so the staff would think I was greatful and treat my family with respect. I loved the rest of Hawaii and the awesome people and locals were amazing and I just loved everything we did. The Maitai Catermeran was awesome - those guys rule!! Learning to surf near Dukes is fantastic. Hiking Diamond Head and Manoa Falls is a must do! Cage Diving with sharks on the North Shore is unforgetable! Polynesian show is worth every penny! Watching the surfers do the pipeline on Sunset Beach was awesome! Finally, I need to mention to the lifeguard who was working on Dec 23rd at 4:40pm and saved my daughters life at Makapu'u - you are my true hero and what you do for a living floors me - if ANYONE can find out who this is for me I will be very greatful. Every day I thnk about that lifeguard and kick myself because I feel that he wasn't thanked properly. Aloha and I pray that this message will help the Waikiki Shores Condo improve so that nobody gets that kind of treatment ever again! Mahalo!

Room Tip: Dont mess with the front desk people!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank SonjaAnne
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a building of individually owned units that is probably about 30 years old. Our unit was a large 2 bed 2 bath room unit that was probably renovated about 10 years ago.umit 502. It's not a flashy unit but very conform able with everything you need but looks a little tired. We stay with my wife and 3 older children for 5 nights and it was good enough. The beauty of this block is that it's extremely well located and it represents very good value for money. It has no pool and no restaurant but who needs them. Definitely not a resort but you won't do better for the money

Room Tip: The second bedroom is more a closable lanai then a totally separate room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The property attracted me due to its close proximity to the beach and good view of Fridays' Hilton's firework.

Besides that I was quite apprehensive of the property due to some mixed reviews and the condition of the property. But I have not regretted my choice.

The property though dated, is very well maintained, clean and furniture though dated, but in good condition. The only complain is the noise of the airconditioner.

We had a one bedroom ocean view apt at PH level (Penthouse level), though the name but the unit is not a Penthouse per se. It is a very functional apartment and brightly litted. It is very convenient to have the washing machine and dryer, which are in good working condition as we had travelled from San Francisco and after Honolulu onward to Las Vegas and LA. It is a good stop to get our laundry done.

The view is awesome and the kitchen well equipped. We have booked through Castle and therefore we had good service from the reception. We are so pleased with our stay that we recommended my sister to change her reservation from Embassy Suite across the road to this property and she loved the size of the apartment and the washer and dryer. Embassy Suite is nice but the one bedroom suite is rather small compared to this and there is no washing facility, it is just a nice hotel.

We had a good stay and would like to compliment the 3 reception staff, Isaac, a lady (on duty on 18 November and another fair complexion gentlement on duty on the evening abt 6.30pm of 19 November (sorry both, did not get your names) for such good service offered.

Room Tip: Choose high floor and ocean view, it is worth every penny spent.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sf123_9
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed on the 6th floor ocean front 2 bedroom apartment, the views from our huge balcony overlooking Waikiki beach were awesome. Apartment was roomy. We had maid service daily which was great. We also had balconies for each of the bedrooms. Loved the idea of being at the end of the strip as we were next to a beautiful park. The Friday night fireworks from our balconies were the best seats in the house. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Make sure you book an ocean front unit to make the most of the views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends