Aston at the Waikiki Banyan
$329
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$239
$239
$216
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$199
Hyatt.com
$219
$193
  • Restaurant
$254
$209
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfull kitchenrecreation areabasketball courtbbq areamini martliving roomdiamond headcorner unitmountain viewfood pantrybit datedamenity feepool deckconvenience storepool towelsan updateparking garage
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'm a believer in you get what you pay for and I try to travel on a budget. If you're like me then this is a good place for you to take your family. It's not the Hilton nor is it a run down hotel. It is older but they are making modest updates to the rooms and facilities. I booked my room through RCI which included wifi and free parking. As I understand it, there are several agencies and private parties you can use to book rooms her, all with their own amenities, so don't be discouraged by the various comments as they may not apply to you.

Overall no complaints having parking right at the hotel was a bonus and made the trip that much better.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan T
BANMGR, Manager at Aston at the Waikiki Banyan, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

We appreciate your comments and happy to hear that you enjoy your recent stay with the Aston at the Waikiki Banyan.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Checked in for Thanksgiving week with a huge party that took 7 rooms on the same floor (level 33 tower 1). No one told any of us anything about renovation work being done on the exterior of the building. After we've settled in, the next morning the drilling starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. I'm talking about multiple power drills going into the walls right outside of the building non-stop. You can hear the hammering and drilling like it's on top of your head. Then they offer to move us but can't put us all on the same floor. The service is just terrible and we feel completely unsatisfied with the hotel. I would warn everyone to stay away. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank killershotz
BANMGR, Manager at Aston at the Waikiki Banyan, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet all your expectations and that you were not informed about the "Exterior Enhancement Renovation". We have contacted all the travel partners informing them of the "Exterior Enhancement Renovation" to include our on-line partners. At times the information may be in fine print, which may not be visibly available unless you’re read carefully. The Good news is, the project has since completed and the Banyan looks beautiful! Unfortunately this is "must do" maintenance for the upkeeping of the buildling and luckily it takes place once every 10 years or so

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Banyan is located a short walking distance from the beach and it's still within walking distance to everything - the zoo, all the shops, and restaurants. When first walking in, the Banyan has a beautifully updated lobby area, there's even a nice waterfall/fountain with a coy pond at the bottom. They have a cafe and a little store on site with souvenirs and basic amenities. The front desk staff and everyone on the property was very cheery and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying in a higher floor. I had a mountain view room, which I liked more than the ocean view, because at night the mountains are lit up with all the city lights. There was a nice sized balcony in the room with a table and chairs, where I spent a lot of my time. the room itself was a bit dated but it was very tidy and clean. I loved how the bedroom had a large sliding door which made the room feel much more spacious and open. This is a great family property as they have a great recreation area with tennis courts, pools, BBQ areas, and a playground.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank fishbombs

This is fabulous news! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, looking forward in welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the WaIkiki Banyan on our 10-day Hawaiian vacation and on Nov 2, 2013 my family and I were trapped on the hotel elevator between the 14th and15th floor and the door won't open. We sound the alarm and 15 minutes later the hotel personnel in charged arrived and told us not to call 911 because the maintenance guy is coming. During the long wait my son, who is autistic had to pooped inside and fainted for lack of air and heat. We stayed inside the elevator for more than an hour before we got freed. In an emergency situation like this, why did the hotel in charge forbid us to call 911.

Room Tip: Hawaiian travelers beware that if you are trapped in the hotel elevator you are in the mercy of the maintenance guy because you are not allowed to call 911.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2401marc

We were extremely surprise to hear of your encounter and immediately forwarded your concerns over to the Condominium Association along with the Managing agent. Though you're accomodations were not made via Aston, we still welcome your feedback. We at Aston at the Waikiki Banyan, would like to express our sincerest apology for I'm sure this was extremely terrifying experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed 8 days.
No problems.
Excellent room. Fantastic view, make sure you get "ocean view" room.
Close to beach, transport, shopping.
Well priced.
Will stay here again.
Ask at front desk for a bus reference sheet, gives you all the bus numbers and how to get to places.

Room Tip: Get an "ocean view" room in Tower 2
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Viiking

Awesome suggestion! Yes the front desk staff is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to serve you.