My elderly parents and a handicap autistic bother were stuck in the elevator. Management, staff and security refused to call emergency. During the hour of being stuck in that elevator staff would yell to them "do not to call 911"and "just wait!" While being stuck in the elevator my parent's phone didn't work and would cut off so they were not able to call 911 anyways. They got so sick waiting and my handicap bother had to defecate on the floor. People in trapped enclosed and in sick condition should wait for emergency, not wait for lazy "elevator man" to take his time to arrive. I suppose my family is lucky none of them didn't have a panic attack, seizure, or die which could have very well happened thanks to your "just wait" treatment.
Even after 30 min of being stuck personnel and staff refused to call the fire department or emergency! When I called security pleading them to call the fire department after 30 min of of being trapped, I was threatened by security James "if we called emergency, you'll be charged over $800.00!" then he hang up.
Hotel guests should not be charged forced tortured and get sick in a stuck elevator! By absolutely no means did the management, staff, or security handle the situation professionally. Clearly there was no rush to help these people stuck getting tired and sick in the elevator. Security and management were also trying to blame "traffic" for the long wait. That entire island can be circled within an hour. Clearly there was no rush to help these people stuck getting tired and sick in the elevator. It practically took and hour before some "elevator man" even set foot on the property.
The treatment towards my family was disgusting torture and absolutely unacceptable!
What should have happened was the fire department should have been called immediately to get trapped people out of a malfunctioning elevator first, then call the "elevator man" to fix the malfunction. Instead security and staff wanted the convenience of fixing the elevator while making my family sick waiting inside it because it was cheaper! Sham on the security management, and staff who were more worried about the elevator rather than the human lives trapped in it. I'm sure if it were your family members stuck in an elevator, you would not leave them to wait for some lazy "elevator man"..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a block from the beach, this exceptionally kid-friendly property features one-bedroom suites that accommodate up to 5 people at no additional charge. It has the best recreation deck in Waikiki, complete with children's playground open late, so you can enjoy it after a day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston at the Waikiki Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Banyan
- Waikiki Banyan Hotel
- Resort Quest Waikiki Banyan
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hawaii/Honolulu