Aston at the Waikiki Banyan
$420
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$182
$169
$208
$172
  • Beachfront
Ramada Plaza Waikiki(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$208
$360
$163
$159
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$243
$199
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenrecreation areabasketball courtbbq areamini martliving roomdiamond headcorner unitmountain viewfood pantrybit datedamenity feepool deckconvenience storepool towelsan updateparking garage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Upon our arrival the staff was very accommodating in letting us check in early. We left our bags in the room and went to grab a bit to eat at a local restaurant. When we got back to our room there were ROACHES IN OUR LUGGAGE!!! I immediately went downstairs and asked them to switch my room which they did. I was given the keys to go take a look at 4 rooms (and they gave us a smaller room type then what I paid for) that all had a friendly roach or 2 waiting for me at the door. Ben the supervisor then began to get an attitude with me and all I wanted was a nice clean room. I asked if he could send me to a sister hotel and he wouldn’t so after begging him for a cleaner room he put us up in a DIRTY full/twin room w/o a pull out bed for the night, the sheets had gum on them and the sick and tub wouldn’t drain. This was my parents first time in Hawaii and they were sharing a room with my fiancé and I. After spending my entire first day dealing with the hotel issue I went down to the lobby in the morning and Milie was able to get us into the Waikiki Aston Pacific Monarch. How was a regular staff member able to do something Ben couldn't?!?!? This was when our trip turned around. They wouldn’t refund our parking (we paid a week in advance) at the Banyan but that was a small price to pay for all the drama that went on. I would never stay there again especially because Ben the supervisor doesn’t know how to deal with customers. I wasn’t expecting a high end hotel but I was expecting clean and they were not. The furniture was mismatched and old. I didn’t want to sit on their couches because it looked like there had been quite a few crazy nights on them…NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Dont use this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jenny E
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not the type of service standard that we instill in our employees and we will be speaking with the Supervisor who handled your situation. You are correct that the Supervisor should be the one where guest service satisfaction should be the highest priority as well as customer care. Please accept my apologies for having to experience this on your first visit to Hawaii.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for 3 night with my husband and two year old child in a one bedroom condo.

We originally booked a superior, but were upgraded to a partial ocean view on the first tower and floor 31.

The room had a full kitchen with huge oven and fridge and all kitchen utensils you could need – except for a kettle which for an Australian is annoying, but only providing coffee makers seems to be the norm in the US. The room had two double beds plus a fold out sofa bed and housekeeping brought up a crib. The lounge area was very spacious – a real treat in Hawaii.
I didn’t take any photos of the room as it was exactly the same as all the other photos other reviewers have posted – standard Hawaiian hotel duvet covers and furnishings.

The room itself was perfect for what we needed, which was a full kitchen with an area that we could close off for afternoon naps for the little one. The room was old and a little run down – but certainly no more so than other standard hotels I’ve stayed at in Waikiki, including the Sheraton Princess and the Ohana East and West hotels.

The playground was great and fish pond provided good distraction for my child. The pool was very large, though not heated...yet the hot tub was really really hot.

Overall, a fantastic location – close to beach and the zoo, away from the central business of Waikiki, yet close enough to walk to the hub at night.

Note that later in our trip we stayed two nights at the Embassy Waikiki suites and for value for money and size of the room – I’d take the Aston Waikiki Banyan.

Would definitely stay here again if I needed a good size condo in Waikiki.

2  Thank AussieBecs
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to help make your stay in Hawaii a little more enjoyable. I have passed on your comment regarding the tempature of the hot tubs to our Condominium Association management office for their review and follow up. Mahalo for chosing Aston Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

old & out dated hotel.they charge for eveything & say its free.
housekeeping needs to go back to housekeeping school. They never dusted or wiped down glass tables.The bathroom was cleaned half... Didnt change sheets or come for service on some days.we were there for a week. The sunset aston was better. p.s. they aslo charge for the b.b.q , crazy......................

Room Tip: its old, dont!
2  Thank j w
wcvgm808, General Manager at Aston at the Waikiki Banyan, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I would like to apologize if we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We offer a daily light maid service where the housekeeper will make up the beds, change the terries in the bathroom and remove all trash. A full cleaning is done every 3rd day of your stay which includes the changing of the bed linens, dusting and changing of terries and trash removal as well as a full vaccum of the room. Unfortunately, Aston does not control the public areas of the property as it falls under the responsiblity of the Condominium Association and this entity has made the decision to charge for the use of the BBQ grills on the 6th floor recreation deck. I have forwarded your comments on this to the Manger of the Association for his review.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

As a group of 5 people we were a little worried about our sleeping arrangament and were so surprised when we learned that the hotel upgraded our room to the higher standard without any extra charges.We got a remodeled condo-like room on the 26 th floor facing ocean with all the amenities we needed.Both desk and cleaning staff were so nice to all of us.They let us stay little longer past check-out time without any charges as well.The elevators (4 of them)are fast and quiet.The swimming pool and hot tubs are kept well.In our opinion the Aston Waikiki Banyan was worth all the money.

9  Thank texasskier01

Mahalo for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad that our staff was able to help make your stay an enjoyable one. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Thank you for chosing Aston Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 2 nights, end of April. We appreciated the spaciousness of the suite, with sofa bed for my daughter. The suite was clean, a little dated, very small bathroom, nice pool area, although one hot tub was extremely hot and the other did not work well. Some updating needed also throughout the pool area. However, the location was very good, one block from the ocean and the staff was nice. Good value for our money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank lsavoy
wcvgm808, General Manager at Aston at the Waikiki Banyan, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

We appreciate your comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and have advised the Condominium Association of the situation with the hot tubs for their follow up. Thank you for staying with Aston Hotels and Resorts.