Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki
$316
$292
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$184
$299
$289
Travelocity
1,705 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastsuperior roomfood pantrythe ala wai canaltwo blocksstreet noisebeach towelscoffee makerrooms are smallfree internetabc storeshort walk to the beachlobby arearental carbus stopcorner roomshops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with our five night stay at the Aqua Aloha Surf and Spa and the affordable price in November 2010. We were especially grateful to a front desk clerk who responded immediately and went out of her way to help us find the location and phone number of the local Kaiser Permanente HMO when my husband thought he had gotten a sting in the ocean. We found all the staff to be helpful and friendly.
We upgraded to a superior city view room that was perfect for the two of us. For us, it would not have been as enjoyable with any more than 2 adults. The full wall of windows with the sliding glass door onto the lanai made the room feel light and airy and we enjoyed sitting on the couch looking out. We appreciated the many amenities. The in-room safe allowed us to be carefree when we went to the beach for our surf lesson knowing that our valuables were locked up. The mini-kitchenette with plates and silverware allowed us to "eat-in" 4 very simple suppers and pack lunches. It was great to have the Food Pantry right next door. I was pleased to find cooked oatmeal, bread for toast, pancakes cooked on a griddle, and orange wedges on the free breakfast line rather than just sweets. We were amazed at the high benefit to cost ratio of staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Aloha "Sunflower152",
Thank you for making the Aloha Surf your place to go when in Waikiki.
I am glad we were able to help make your visit memorable.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. This is a great way to spread the word about our hotel.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 21, 2010

My husband and I recently returned from Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii and stayed at the Aqua Aloha Surf and Spa. We went with this hotel as it was part of a package deal of which Flight Centre had put together for us. We both found it to be a very average stay.

When we could eventually check into our room we found it to be small and pokey but neat so we thought we could manage. However we soon established that the room was dodgey. You couldn't have the lamp and window aircon on at the same time or it would short out. We managed to get another room from the disgruntled staff. However, the rooms in which we stayed in faced right onto the road and there was sooo much traffic noise all throughout the night!

The breakfast which they supply was substandard in our opinion. Pancakes and fruit we felt was a little lacking.

The hotel is situated a couple of blocks away from the beach which, in some respects, is good depending on personal preferance.

Overall we wouldn't stay here again and we were disappointed with what the hotel had to offer.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Aloha "Ecap85",
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I am not sure what exactly "Pokey" and "Dodgey" mean, but I can surmise that they have a negative connotation. I do appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Guest feedback is vital to our ongoing effort to grow and improve.
Best wishes,

Reviewed November 21, 2010

We just stayed there for one night. The room was clean, pretty big and the price good. The bathroom was tiny and you couldn't close the sliding door properly. The area was quite noisy but beach and shopping area within walking distance. Nice view from the balcony. Service was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Aloha "Falschenhals",
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your brief one night visit.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I just want to say that after the reviews, I thought it could go either way. But, I thought overall, it was a wonderful stay! Clean rooms, friendly staff. The continental breakfast could use some work, in the way of protein. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get upgraded, since my travel agent let them know it was our anniversary, but, I guess that is the way it goes. Great pool, great bed, overall, would definitely stay again! One side note...on our final day, we booked a tour because we had a late flight. Our tour ended up being late and we almost missed out flight shuttle bus to the airport. I just want to say that from the moment we asked if we couid stow our baggage at the front desk, to the moment we picked it up, the front desk staff was AWESOME!! Don't know who all was working at the front desk on Friday, November 12, but they were all awesome! My husband is an insulin dependent diabetic, and they were so helpful about keeping his insulin cold for us! Anyway, great stay! Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Aloha "Markieswife",
Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I am glad our staff was able to assist you with your luggage and with caring for your husband's medication.
Take Care,
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Let me start off by saying that we would definitely stay at the Aqua Aloha Surf & Spa again, despite the cons I'm going to list below. It was a tremendous value and we're quite happy overall with our stay.

The hits:
- awesome location
- clean rooms
- friendly staff
- really comfy beds
- wicked powerful A/C in the rooms!
- Ethernet cable for in-room internet provided at no cost
- free beach towel and beach mat lending service
- we always found parking (and always underground for 7 of our 8 days!) in the hotel lot

The misses:
- Aqua's website is misleading in terms of internet accessibility...wifi is only in the lobby; rooms only have a wired access port. I'm not saying that they should spend the money to put wifi in every room, but clarifying the website would alleviate guest disappointment - just let us know in advance that there's only wired internet up in the room, that's all.
- the 'continental breakfast' really wasn't up to snuff (unless you're into eating nothing but sugar for breakfast). Pancakes, cakey muffins, toast (only butter - no other condiments), some sad looking apple slices, powdered donuts, and chocolate cake (seriously!) were on hand, but that was it. That being said, cheap Hawaiian breakfast can be had in pretty much any direction within a block's walk for the $3.75/person range, so it's really not that bad.
- this is a little picky, but a higher grade of toilet paper would sure be nice...it's not like gas station toilet paper or anything, but definitely the cheapest stuff I've ever seen in a hotel. But that's easily fixed by picking up your own if it bothers you.

Overall we're really happy with our stay here, and would go out of our way to stay here again - and would definitely recommend it to others. It's sure no Moana Surfrider, but you definitely get more value than you pay for in dollars.