After spending 3 weeks in Maui we planned to end our Hawaii vacation with a few days in Waikiki. We selected Aqua Aloha based on TripAdvisor recommendations and its proximity to the beach.
Although this is an older hotel, it is very well maintained. The staff, from check-in to check-out were very helpful and professional. The hotel manager's "Welcome Cocktail" on Tuesday evening was an unexpected surprise.
The location is great, about a 5 minute walk to Waikiki Beach. The hotel was built in days when energy conservation was not as great a concern as it is today. The windows are venetian slatted glass and even when closed there is really no seal to the outside. The drawback here is the room air conditioner has a hard time keeping up with the mid-day heat and if there are emergency vehicles traversing close by during the night, you'll hear them for sure.
There is a buffet breakfast included but we opted to eat breakfast at Dukes in the Outrigger, overlooking Waikiki Beach. Amazing buffet breakfast for $16; just the view is worth the price.
We'll stay here again for sure the next time we're in Honolulu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, one of Waikiki's most popular hotels, is a boutique hotel located 2 blocks to the beach and steps from world class dining and shopping. The large, open air lobby connects to a fitness area and Internet cafe as well as a relaxing pool area with cabanas and barbeque grill lit by tiki torches every evening. Continental breakfast is served complimentary daily for bookings made directly through Aqua. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Aloha Surf allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Interent throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towels and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, Aloha Aqua Surf guest rooms offer AquaBLISS pillow top beds, LCD TV's, mini-refrigerator, a microwave, coffeemaker and safe. Select accommodations offer views of the magical Koolau Mountain range and Ala Wai Golf Course. Self Parking is $25 daily. Note: Oversized vehicles will not fit in the hotel parking garage. If you have what you believe may be an oversized vehicle, please call the hotel to confirm whether the garage can accommodate the vehicle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TravelUp, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Aloha Surf Honolulu
- Aloha Surf Hotel
- Aqua Aloha Surf Hotel
- Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu