Ala Moana Hotel
$425
$360
Travelocity
3,502 results
All reviewskona towerconvention centerplantation cafebeach parkbusiness tripconvenient locationcoffee makerself parkingacross the streetfront desk staffwaikiki areaocean viewstarbuckslobbyrumourskamaainahawaii
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in two separate rooms, the first in the Waikiki Tower, the second two nights in the Kona Tower. Both were fine, but the Waikiki Tower room was larger and more comfortable with a better view and full balcony. The "room card" was somewhat confusing, at first, and seemed to limit access only to general access floors and our rooms on either the 30th or the 11th floor, somewhat unhandy if we had wanted to visit friends on other floors, but perhaps best for safety, which was not a problem from our point of view. Breakfast in the small first-floor restaurant was very pleasant. The Concierge was very helpful with reservations and recommendations and the easy proximity to the Ala Moana Shopping Center was very nice. It is easy to recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here in Feb. 2013 and we found it to be perfect for our needs. The hotel is large and modern. Rooms are average size and have a refrigerator, microwave, and in room coffee maker. It was very quiet and pleasant. I enjoyed an amazing in-room massage because I had a terrible migraine. The massage therapists are also available in their spa downstairs. The pool is nothing remarkable, but satisfactory. We were not there to hang out by the pool in any case. There is a fitness center and sauna(I didn't personally use) but I saw several guests using it. What I found convenient for our early morning tour departures was the sundry shop in the lobby which was very well stocked and not too pricey as one might expect for a hotel store. I was able to get fresh cut up fruit, milk, cereal, granola bars, snacks etc. our tours would sometimes leave before the hotel restaurant was open, so it was a real life saver. There is a dunkin doughnuts across the street for coffee if you like. The hotel also has several restaurants on property. The hotel is very large, we honestly didn't see it all. It is right next door to the world's largest outdoor shopping mall Ala Moana center. You can see the ocean from most rooms. The hotel is not on the beach, but very close if you want to go. We are from Miami Beach, so honestly, laying on the beach was not a priority. We wanted to see more historically significant sites and unique areas like volcanoes and black sand beaches... It is a short walk to the Waikiki area which is nice, but a lot of traffic and noise. Reminds me a bit of south beach. What I liked about the location of Ala Moana was that is was more of a local neighborhood, not too touristy. We were in walking distance of some really nice local restaurants where we were the only tourists. I recommend staying here if you are low key type of person or family and like to be near everything, but not necessarily right in the thick of it. It is not the Ritz Carlton, more like a Marriott. One more local tip I was given, if you want to buy souvenirs and coffee, nuts, etc. to take back you have to go to Don Quixote. It would be a cross between a Costco and Target shop. There is one really close to the hotel, ask directions. They have all the things you would want, but really good prices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jaikoch
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location is great, very close to the Ala Moana Shopping center and many buses stops there. The several gift shops and dining options are good. The room is quiet and clean. Service is good too. We are overall very satisfied staying there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zhen S
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in February. Located literally a 2 min walk from the Hawaii Convention Centre, with an exit onto the Ala Moana Mall. Other amenities were also close-by: Walmart 15min, Ala Moana park with a great view of fireworks 10min, Waikiki beach - 10-15min.

The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff were friendly, but the service lines were long. This was probably the longest check-out I have ever had to go through. It would have been nice to have a printer in the lobby somewhere to allow guests to print boarding passes. Thankfully the lady at the service desk offered to print it for me, after my patient wait in line. If you are blessed with patience as a virtue, you will find this hotel to be a good bargain by Hawaii standards.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My room in Kona Tower was modern and peaceful, just right for ONE person. Maybe the hotel has bigger rooms for families? The concierge was indifferent, but the front desk staff was very helpful. The location is perfect, close to a Korean neighborhood and an upscale TJ Maxx, close to but not in Waikiki.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo