The Polynesian Plaza is well-centered on Waikiki and only about a block away from the beach. Next door is the new Hard Rock Café and within one block is the new Trump Tower with its multi-million dollar condos. I was initially referred here by a friend who has been staying here for quite a while and who spoke very highly of it. Everything I have encountered has been as good or better and as much or more than my initial impressions from my friend and the internet. The furnishings are attractive, highly functional, attractively white and off-white in color and include excellent lighting in all four corners of the main room. In terms of furniture, the Plaza has covered every possible base in terms of accommodating all possible needs and the insurance of comfort—they have insured nothing but the best and this philosophy is even evident in their pillow selections. The kitchen has everything you need—stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, silverware, dishes, dish towels and cooking pans—even measuring cups. Unlike many hotel rooms that are dark and dingy-looking in nature because of the darkly colored appointments, these rooms are light, airy and not only immaculately clean in appearance, but they are functionally super-clean. This is my 27th trip to Hawaii (I am now retired and come twice a year for the better part of a month) and I have never been as pleased with a room in every way. The room appointments give evidence of complete competence in the profession.
The two attentive, caring and friendly ladies on the staff here have been here for quite a while and have taken ownership of the responsibility to insure that residents needs are accommodated in every reasonable way—not to mention that they are also indeed a pleasure to deal with—they show great pride in the facility and help to make everyone feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location! The Polynesian Residences is situated on Kalakaua Avenue and Beach Walk, the focal point of Waikiki, just one block to world-famous beaches. Our all-new renovated rooms feature comfortable, air-conditioned studios and suites with FREE WiFi internet access, private lanai balconies and fully-equipped kitchenettes with 2-burner stovetops (most), microwaves, and mini-refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Polynesian Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Plaza Honolulu
- The Polynesian Residences Hawaii/Honolulu