“Good budget stay!”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Surf Hotel
Ranked #78 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great location! Staff really friendly and helpful. We stayed in a newly renovated room and it was really nice. Everything is near, shopping and Waikiki beach. Great value for money. Would recommed this hotel for anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sanko79

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After being threatened by management after accidentally forgetting our key, it took 6 Honolulu police officers for him to let us into our room to collect our luggage. It was such a horrendous experience, we left immediately without even having another hotel to go to for the rest of our stay in Oahu. Never. Again.

• Stayed: August 2013
11  Thank shoesandsoul
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The holiday surf hotel was a quiet, inexpensive treasure! Older furnishings, but comfortable beds. It's real charm, is the one on one family feeling! But it is staff! The true gem was Carmen at the front desk, she went all out to make my stay and excursions the best they could be! Iwould and will stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lachamav28
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's well located (five minutes walking from everything you need in Waikiki), it's clean and it's cheap!! What do you want more? The owner of the hostel, Carmen, is a delicious person, an for everything you need she's at your availability. I booked a "One-Bedroom Quad" for 5 nights, and before going there, I was a bit worried about the comments I read on internet. After five days, I was fully satisfied with it, with no complains and great memories of the time spent in that hostel. My flight arrived in Honolulu with 4 hours of delay, and with no problem, and the maximum kindness, I could have my check-in at 2.30 a.m! The street is not so noisy as someone described it, the bathroom was clean, and the kitchen was full of stuff!! The only "bad note" I found there, was the window curtains in our room, that were a bit too thin and so the sun ray-lights in the morning were in the room at early hour. But you are in Waikiki, and there's nothing better than starting your day early, and have a walk for the city! For the price you pay, there's nothing comparable in Waikiki, and Carmen is such an amazing person!!
Leo

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leo7777777
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and 2 kids stayed here for 3 nights prior to our cruise on the Pride of America last week. I was trying to save money and found this hotel at a third the cost of other hotels in waikiki. I booked it then got dismayed by the negative reviews, eg, bedbugs, noise. I tried to cancel but I read from the disclaimer that reservations are non-refundable. The hotel assured me that there are no bedbugs. I'm glad I didn't cancel because the hotel is a great value. Staff are friendly and helpful; rooms were clean. We used the kitchen to cook and they even washed our plates and utensils. Convenient location and felt very safe at night. I didn't even notice the "road noise" a lot of reviews complained about - maybe because I was too exhausted. If you're looking for good value, I recommend this hotel! Warning: the hotel itself is a block from where you check in, but no biggie.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here in September 2012 with my husband. We were really surprising about large studio with two rooms and kithen. We got a nice view to Ala Waia and mountains from balcony. It's good location and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place was way over priced for what it was. Filthy, noisy and unsafe. Side doors on 5th floor (and I'd guess others), was left open all night with no staff at the hotel. It's in a bad location with people fighting and yelling on the street all night, seemed very unsafe, especially with doors being open. Hallways were equally as noisy as you could hear every person coming and going. The room (501) was filthy and beds were old and uncomfortable. Bathroom was filthy, had to wear flip flops to take a shower, there was mold and cracked porcelain all over the tub. There is no A/C, just a rickety ceiling fan in the main room, so the bedroom was an oven, even at night. The lamps flickered when attempting to turn off or on, like they were shorting out. It looks as though they've made an attempt at remodeling, but it's very hodge-podged together and not at all worth the money. The shuttle driver (born & raised there) even made a comment about it not being a great place. I'm not someone who needs a lot out of a hotel room, but I've stayed in much better for a little less in this area. It was just not clean or acceptable. Quaint and charming are a long shot from filthy, over priced and unsafe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo