“Good value for a busy place”

Waikiki Beachside Hostel
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good value for a busy place”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Waikiki is a really busy touristic place, but this hostel can be a very good option for a budget or solo traveler. Rooms are a bit old but in good conditions. There is a kitchen for every room, that can be good point for people that wanna cook but also keep the room messy. Good crowd, ideal to make friends.

Room Tip: try to get the small dorms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1.5 weeks during October 2013 and stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm. I met Canadian, American, German, Norwegian, and English travelers in my life room. The room was pretty clean and there were no bugs. Bathroom was acceptable but the water still dripped even though we shut off the faucet completely. The room came with a kitchen, fridge, dishwasher, and microwave so it was a nice surprise. There was even a balcony with a clothes line so you could wash by machine and dry by hanging. Perfect if you wanna take off for the beach and not bother wasting time with machine drying. I also had a rental car so I parked in one of the 5 parking sports just inside the hostel gates which was a little difficult at first. It was easier to parking backwards so you could leave with ease. There is a large dining/seating area on street level with a big screen. This hostel also offers free breakfast which consisted of coffee, tea, bread, peanut butter, and jelly. There is also free use of snorkel equipment if available, just ask the friendly front desk. I had a pleasant stay here and would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank aislesacross
La Plata, Argentina
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Confortable Hostel to meet a lot of people from all over the world. The people who work there is too cool, I felt very well. Highly recommended for social people. Always the room was clean and you can drink and meet new friends without the problems. The hostel is a 5 minutes of the beach. I dont have any bad to say about this hostel. Mahalo friends from Waikiki beachside!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here in a semi private for 3 nights. This place is a bit more of a party spot but if you are looking to meet great people to hang out with, this spot is great. The room I stayed in was pretty hot and the noise made it challenging to sleep a few of the nights (even with earlplugs). The rooms could have been a bit cleaner but were bearable. The location is great, right by the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It was almost 9pm when I got in the hostel and I was greeted by the lady in the front desk. She was warm and very pleasant. When I went up in the room, I wasn't expecting that the room would be that clean because I know that I am sharing the room with four other female guests, but yes, it was all neat. The sheets are clean and the air-con is working. In the bathroom, the shower is working, water lines aren't leaking, but the mirror is obviously stained and old, but I don't think that's a major problem. The kitchen inside the room is small, but complete. It gave me the perfect excuse to just buy vegetables, meat and other seasonings in the nearby grocery store and cook my own food. They also have free local calls and free WiFi (password will be provided as soon as you check-in). Safety deposit boxes are located inside the room, and you can use it for 25 cents per use. I could say that you get more than enough for what you pay for. They also have the perfect location. This hostel is really close to the beach. It's actually just behind the Aston Waikiki. Room service personnel are very friendly and in my 5-day stay, they never missed cleaning our room. Nice! The only thing that I wasn't completely happy about, is their breakfast. Although they serve free coffee and tea, they also CONSISTENTLY serve toasts, butter, peanut butter, and jam. It would have been nice if they have an alternative to this.

Parties are frequent, headed by the visitors, of course and they stay up and loud until 10pm. If you feel this will affect your sleep, then you can move to the beds inside their twin sharing with air-con.

In general, putting my disappointment with their breakfast aside, my stay in this hostel is one of the best. I love the place. I like the staff and it's close to everything you need. If you're a Roman Catholic, church is just a block away. If I'll be given the chance to visit Honolulu again, I would REALLY stay in this hostel and ask for the same room again. :)

Room Tip: choose room 204. It's where I stayed. It's very comfortable there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Eabear
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Do not stay in this dump. I was there last week and was stunned by the filthiness of the walls and the floors. The extremely gross bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned in months. The owners of this place do not even care enough to put a hook on the bathroom walls, so you have no place to put your clothes in the bathroom, except the floors. I was supposed to be able to rent a towel for $4 to take a shower, but the hostel completely ran out of towels. I was told I could buy one at the ABC store down the block, but the cheapest one I could find was $14. The hostel refused to reimburse me the difference, even though I was forced to buy a towel because they ran out. The place is also extremely noisy, so you can forget about getting a good night's sleep here. I had to purchase ear plugs to drown out the noise. I would not wish this dump on my worst enemy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Awesome hostel, 3 minutes from the beach, shops, dining and everything you need.. Stayed here Oct 4th - Oct 12th.. Every room has a kitchen and is cleaned every day. All of the staff were awesome, especially Paul and Maggie who checked me in and made me feel very welcome as soon as I stepped in. The hangout area downstairs ist pretty cool, I met lots of awesome people from all over the world and made many good friends. Definitely would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Especially the small dorm is good value for your money
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo