Waikiki Beachside Hostel
Hilton Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
  • Restaurant
Waikiki Resort Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssemi private roombed dormgreat locationpeanut butter and jellymixed dormwaikiki beachcleaned dailylounge areafree breakfastbring earplugsair conabc storeenjoyed my staydiamond headroommatesblockcurfew
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hostel made our trip an incredible one! The staff were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. It was a great place to meet people and have a fun time. I'd highly recommend it for anyone travelling alone, or in a group. Probably the best hostel on the island! I'd definintely go back :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a lone traveller, I didn't find it easy to meet new people here. It didn't help that I was in a room with 2 couples (and one of those couples made a goadawful racket at 12 midnight and 5am when they'd come and go every day!) They location is amazing, only a couple of blocks from the beach, and also from buses to take you elsewhere on the island. I found it strange that there were cooking facilities in the room, especially as people were supposed to sleep there. Cleaners came every day.

Room Tip: Pick a single sex room - may make it easier to meet people!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Paying less than 30$ for a night in Hawaii is simply perfect! You are 5 minutes far from the touristic Waikiki beach and from alot of shops and ABC Stores (Corner store).
There are 3 hostels on Lemon Rd and from talking with other people, this is THE best one, no doubt. Rooms were not the cleanest though but they were still fine. Having a refrigerator, a kitchen stove and a microwave in our room is really sweet for what we pay...
Daily basic breakfast is also a cool thing that the hostel offers.
If you wanna party a little, you can't stay in the lounge after 10pm though because it gets too noisy. Bad or not? Depends if you wanna sleep early or not.
One little advice - Get out of Waikiki if you can, it's less touristic :)!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was booked into a semi-private room for nine nights in total. The hostel itself is clean and well looked after, albeit a little dated in places (but it's a hostel, I've yet to stay in one that isn't in places!). However, the staff are excellent, and it felt very safe. It can get a little noisy in the courtyard most of the rooms look onto, but by ~10.30pm, it gets quiet enough to sleep as people are asked to leave. Overall, you get extremely good value for money (particularly given its location) and a safe and friendly hostelling experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diarmuid L
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I sort of booked a ticket to Honolulu on a whim because flights were cheap. I looked into a few hostels and decided on this one because of the location and the social atmosphere. This was my first hostel experience plus traveling alone so I didn't know what to expect. But the staff were friendly and super helpful. And I met so many awesome people. My two room mates from South America are now my best friends! Yaaaay!

The location is superb, you are right by restaurants, coffee shops such as Starbucks, Coffee Bean, etc., and the everything seems to in walking distance. I booked a few random things via Groupon and had no trouble hopping on the bus for a $2 fare ride.

FYI: There is a shuttle offered from the airport and from the hostel at the price of $12 each way. Or you have the option of hopping on the bus for $2 but that takes a about an hour.

Room: I stayed in a four twin bed room, there were two twins in a private room and two twins in the public space where the kitchen is. It was spacious enough, there were drawers, you get a pillow and a sheet (I brought my own!), fridge, microwave, stove, and oven. The rooms get cleaned out everyday which was cool. If you aren't planning on staying in your room very much like a hermit crab and going out exploring most of the time than this is PERRRRFECT.

Room Tip: Make sure to close your windows before going to bed, it can get kind of noisy if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo