1,096 results
All reviews hau tree kapiolani park diamond head minute walk quiet end of waikiki wrap around balcony ocean front moderate room private beach quiet side waikiki view superior room quiet location convenience store rooms are small beach mats main waikiki
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

We were pleased to have chosen the New Otani Kaimana Hotel for our recent stay in Honolulu. It is an easy walk to all the hub-bub of Waikiki but, is located in a much less busy area. It is oceanfront and a great place to swim or watch the surfers.

Parking is a breeze right across the street. It is free from 6PM to 10AM and across the park there are free spots where you can park all day for free. Saves you the big $$$$ of Valet parking.

We were on the 9th floor and even though we were not oceanfront we had 2 different views of the water. The room is not real big but it is comfy enough and beds were comfortable. The beds were made promptly and all supplies replenished daily.

Would highly recommend!!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2019

The location was perfect for us - the quiet end of Waikiki yet a walkable distance to many restaurants, bars, and shops. We were in Hawaii to see birds so it was great to have Kapiolani Park and nesting White Terns just outside the hotel's front door.

The front desk staff was pleasant, and check in was simple and straightforward. Our room (king ocean view deluxe) was spacious, well appointed, and had a very comfortable bed. We were on an upper floor with a balcony and had a great view both day and night.

Parking can be difficult and valet parking is expensive ($34.00/day if I recall). We paid for valet parking our first day but then utilized on-street parking for the remaining 3 days. It's meter parking during the day (2 hours max) but after 6 pm it's free. Since we were out every day until late afternoon it worked out well for us.

If if ever return to Honolulu we would be happy to stay at the New Otani Kaimana again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizlubee
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

If you’re Japanese or Chinese or from that that area of the world this is a great hotel.
The women at the front desk weren’t the nicest. Told us no to a late check out, that was a first for me lol. They didn’t even tell us have a nice day after check out or safe flight.
The restaurants are over priced in my option but the service staff was friendly.
I would recommend staying closer to town, better food and easy access to the beach.
The hotel was overall ok.
That’s it .

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank David85O
Reviewed May 2, 2019

I spent 11 days here with family and was happy with the location. The beach in front of the hotel is very good and not to crowded like many other places on Waikiki Beach. It is far enough away from the "madness" of Waikiki Beach to be quiet, but still only a short walk away. Took about 10 minutes to walk either through the park or following the road. I do recommend following the road to avoid homless people during night which is a Waikiki problem.

Both the breakfast and dinner at the hotel was excellent. Usually not a problem to get a table, but to be sure i recommend a reservation for dinner atleast during weekends.

When it comes to parking it is expensive at the hotel, but it is free parking in the street outside daytime hours. So if you rent a car and plan to drive between 10:00 - 17:00 it is free the rest of the time, and a max of two hour parking during those payable hours.

We had a beach view deluxe room and it was awesome, tho pricy. The ordinary beach view rooms are disapointingly small and i was quite disapointed when seeing it. Hardly room for luggage and small bed. Normal rooms with no view are a bit better when it comes to space. Consider hardly whats important for you when it comes to room before ordering here. The balcony at the Ocean front deluxe rooms were spacious and private with both sunbed and chair/table.

Clean, comfterable, polite staff and good location maked it worth it for me, however at a high price to get a good room.

Room tip: High floor beach view is recommended.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Anders80
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I had just a short weekend visit to celebrate my niece's birthday so I was hoping to find a hotel on the beach. This was the most affordable. Our room was really small (like the coffee maker is in the bathroom small) and it had twin beds but it worked for what we needed. Parking was $35 a night (not including tips) and there was a resort fee but still good price in comparison to others on the beach. Location is nice, older part of town next to the aquarium. Can't really see the sunrise from the beach here, and the view from my room was mostly of buildings but if i looked to the left I could see the mountains and even saw a turtle swimming in the ocean in the slit of the ocean view I had! I went out super early swimming and ended up getting a really bad jellyfish sting. The staff there was so nice and helpful trying to help me with it. In all, I would definitely stay here again, for the price it was worth it for the small rooms and obstructed views.

• Trip type: Traveled with family