We stayed at the New Otani for 4 days at the end of our Hawaiian honeymoon. We spent the majority of our honeymoon on the Big Island, but wanted a few days in Oahu to relax and check out the Pearl Harbor memorial. We picked this hotel because we wanted something a little more quiet than the hustle and bustle of Waikiki beach. It is located on the far end of the beach, down near Diamond Head. Also, we got a very good deal on this hotel. We were able to get a beach front room for the same price of a non-view room at comparable hotels down on Waikiki beach.
Our room was modern and recently renovated. It was a gorgeous corner room with views of both the Honolulu skyline as well as the ocean. It was great to sit out and relax on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Awesome sunsets. Service in the hotel was good - - we ate dinner at the restaurant and had great meal. The beach is really nice there too. No pool, but you didn't really miss it with the great sandy beach. It was about a 10 or 15 minute walk down the beach to Waikiki, which was perfect for us. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take advantage of its paradisiacal setting, The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel is a refreshing escape from the crowds of Waikiki. This boutique hotel sits right on one of Honolulu’s best white-sand beach, cradled next to the slopes of Diamond Head Crater, and located directly across from the 108 acre Kapiolani Park, perfect for those seeking a recreational or romantic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Honolulu
- Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Hawaii
- The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu