“Good plain ones...filling variety tasted a bit fake.”
Review of Champion Malasadas

Champion Malasadas
Ranked #9 of 33 Bakeries in Honolulu
Los Angeles
“Good plain ones...filling variety tasted a bit fake.”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The plain malasadas are really really good. Not too greasy. The custard filled and the chocolate filled were not that great. They tasted artificial. The chocolate didn't taste like natural chocolate. They probably use a pre-made powder pudding or something. I wouldn't get the filled ones again. Surprisingly, this fried dough didn't give me a stomach ache as some do. That must be a good sign. I gave it three stars because I ordered the filled ones and only tasted my husband's plain one. I wish I would have ordered those.

• Visited May 2012

Los Angeles
“The best Malasadas in Oahu (way better than Leonard's Bakery)”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place is much better than Leonard's Bakery and there is no tourist line. The locals are happy to come here because it tastes so much better. I came here last month and came back a few time before leaving. The staff are very nice and they will talk to you.

• Visited March 2012
9 Thank slaulau
Portland, Oregon
“Malasadas Heaven”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

There is only one work to describe this place-MALASADAS! This is the only bakery that can give Leonard's Bakery a run for the money. Made to order. hot, crispy outside and pillowly soft inside. The Best!

Visited August 2011
3 Thank TnEShlaes
Victoria, BC, CANADA
“Best malasadas on the island!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I made it my goal on my last trip to Oahu to try several different bakery`s malasadas to determine which one was the best. Champions was definitely the champion! The sugar malasadas are made hot as you order them and are SO good! Everyone goes to Leonards -- and I have in the past and did the last trip too -- but I will now skip the ``other place`` malasada place and go back to Champions. The glazed malasadas with the chocolate drizzle were also delicious, but I wasn`t too fond of the chiffon cake. But if you want the freshest, fluffiest and most delicious malasada on Oahu be sure to try this place!

• Visited November 2010
2 Thank shannondenise
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent malasadas”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I had heard so much about how good malasadas taste that I just had to have one (or maybe more). We found Champion Malasadas easily (about 20 min bus ride from Waikiki) while on our way to the Iolani Palace one day. The malasadas (we had the custard cream filled ones) were sooooo good. Light as a feather. No wonder people become "addicted" to them. Just wish they'd had tables where we could sit down and enjoy them with a cold drink. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2011