“Huge portions but tasty”
Review of M.A.C. 24/7

M.A.C. 24/7
Reserve with OpenTable
M.A.C. 24/7 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 2,368 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Kuhio & Liliuokalani
Description: Serving up Modern American Cuisine all day every day, M.A.C. is Waikiki's hottest 24-hour restaurant! Voted 'Best Gourmet Comfort Food' 3 years running, our fusion cuisine includes an inventive mix of local flavors and American fare. Home of the world-famous M.A.C.-Daddy pancakes made popular on television's "Man Vs. Food". M.A.C. 24/7 also features a full service bar! (Bar open until 3:30 am)
Cardiff
“Huge portions but tasty”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Home of the Man v Food challenge I thought let's give it a go. I went for the short stack, but there is nothing short about it. 3 ten inch pancakes with a choice of topping. Lovely tasting but just too big. Its not expensive and the service is excellent and the coffee was refillable. Really good value as you will be full all day.

brettcallis, Manager at M.A.C. 24/7, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
If you thought those were big, the actual challenge is out of this world. I am glad you enjoyed the food and didn't have to eat for the rest of the day :) Aloha!

• Korean first
Dubai
“Pancaked!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Pancakes the size of the plate! Amazing combo toppings like chocolate macadamia or pineapple coconut!

Come hungry!

Nice decor with friendly staff! Must do in Waikiki of you are a pancake fan!

Only downside, a very greasy omelette! Tell them to hold the oil!

brettcallis, Manager at M.A.C. 24/7, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Mahalo for the amazing review. I am thrilled you really enjoyed your experience with us! Hopefully we will see you again sometime soon!
Ottawa, Canada
“A disappointment!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant for breakfast by our hotel staff, especially for their pancakes. Unfortunately, we made the mistake not to order pancakes, which did look yummy! I had florentine eggs benedict and the sauce was cold and flavours disappointing. Also for the price paid, I would have expected to have a little more on the plate, maybe some roasted potatoes... My boyfriend had the chef's omelette and he liked it however again, there was not much else in the plate. Our waiter was very nice and even offered a refill of coffee to go, a nice touch, I have never been offered that anywhere else! Orange juice was excellent and freshly pressed. Overall for $45 including tip for a breakfast, I would be expecting a whole lot more!

brettcallis, Manager at M.A.C. 24/7, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I would like to apologize about the dissapointment you experienced and that the food wasnt what you expected. I would like to invite you back to try some of our other exeptional dishes that we offer, not only for breakfast but for lunch and dinner as well. Aloha.
Seattle, Washington
“Great food 24/7!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in the Hilton Wakiki Beach for about a week, and well, this was the establishment in the hotel, so I've eaten here several times for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night eats.

The restaurant can be very busy at times, and if there's a fair amount of wait, the hostess will take your names down and text your cell once your table is ready. I give it 4/5 because well, some of the prices just seem a little on the pricy side, but well, you're dining in a Hilton in Waikiki.

Things I've Tried
Kalbi Rice and Eggs - Korean style short ribs, cooked perfectly and tasted great, eggs made to order and rice

Loco Moco - Probably one of the best I've had, for a bit of a steep price ~$17, but well worth it. Egg and the burger is cooked to order, and the gravy was one of the best I've ever tasted

Kalua Pulled Pork Sandwich - Served in a bun with a pineapple relish, fries and fried pickle. Really tasty, but mine turned out to be a little on the dry side. The bun was equally delicious

Classic Reuben - Satisfying, and for me a rather large portion served with fries. I've honestly had some better ones, but this was just good considering I haven't had a Reuben in 2 years. Can't really seem to find those in Manila

Chicken fried steak - The gravy was absolutely delicious, and well, if you want some comfort food this is the one to order (If you don't want a Loco Moco)

Waffle Sundae - Half waffle with two baseball sized scoops of ice cream. What more can you say?

Pineapple Dreamsicle shake - SO. GOOD.

MAC Ginger Ale - Not like your regular ginger ale, this is house made ginger syrup served with soda water. Mix well and enjoy

What I wish I tried
Pancakes - I really wish I tried these, but they looked REALLY good. If you want to do that food challenge, you get like 2 pancakes the size of massive dinner plates. I watched a family of 4 with two small children not even finish this behemoth.

Service was really good, although at times you may be waiting a while for a server depending how busy it is.

If you have a large group, they do have a mini meeting/dining room available

brettcallis, Manager at M.A.C. 24/7, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
WOW! You almost tackled the whole menu! haha. I am really glad you enjoyed everything and got to try all of those items. Hopefully we will see you again sometime soon! Aloha and Mahalo!
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Awesome pancakes”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went here for breakfast on a recommendation. Between our family we had the Bananas fosters pancakes, the french toast, the red velvet pancakes and eggs benedict. It was a very pricey breakfast, but the food was awesome. My son didn't even come close to finishing his pancakes and neither did I. We should have shared. What would save even more was to order the pancake challenge at $22 and share it between 3 or 4 easy. The table next to us had it and it was huge. My pancakes alone were $12. We went back two days later and had the Cinnamon pancakes. They were some of the best I have ever had. Tasted just like a cinnamon roll. Again, it's a pretty expensive breakfast so share... Thought service was a little slow considering they were not busy either day.

• Visited June 2013
brettcallis, Manager at M.A.C. 24/7, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you! I am glad you and your family enjoyed both breakfasts, we do get a lot of compliments on the cinnamon option, the blueberry are my personal favorite. Come back and visit us again when you return to the islands. Aloha and Mahalo.