“Yum yum”

Easton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum yum”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We were supposed to scuba, but got cancelled because of the weather. At the last minute we decided to make a stop here- well worth it. It is honestly a hole in the wall shop that if you blink you'll miss. There were some homeless people nearby but no biggie. We arrived around 0900 and no line at all! The woman approached us quickly and was very helpful with ordering. I ended up basically ordering a little of everything... The char siu bao and the rice cakes are awesome and exactly what I wanted. The other stuff was good but I could pass on it. The taro cakes are a bit heavy but still delicious. I almost want to make a stop before flying home!
This will definitely become a must do for me on all future Hawai'i visits!

1 Thank Thae2541

Candy Land
“closed on Tuesdays”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

just some extra time on my hands to plug this manapua shop. we never get anything aside the manapua, pepeiau and the pork hash. easy phone in and pick up, if flying you can let them know and they will make your box carry on worthy fortifying it with card board and twine with a handle. decently priced my pic was under 20 dollars and consists of 6 manapua and 12 pork hash.

Visited April 2013
Honolulu
“manapua manapua manapua”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This IS a hole in the wall, but it is old-style manapua in Chinatown that locals grew up with. I visited here recently after not having been for years and nothing had changed! There was still the little old Chinese lady making dumplings in the corner. Still the line of customers filling boxes of dumplings to take to the office. Still the best char siu bao in Honolulu. Highly recommended place -- even nostalgic for locals.

Visited August 2012
“Traditional take out dim sum.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I grew up eating the ho hum take out items and there has been little change in quality. Contrary to the establishment's name, this is NOT a restaurant. Chow fun is good & dim sum choices are limited.

Sanford, Florida
“Great food, the place "is what it is"”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A friend that grew up on Oahu told me I had to stop by this place. I made sure to make a special trip while we were on our way out of town. I really wanted to give it 5 stars just based on the food cause it was AWESOME. Unfortunately there are a couple things where I just gotta dock them. But hey, it is what it is and it's not trying to be anything else.

It was more of a challenge from my friend really, he said I wouldn't be able to find it. He's right that it's not easy to get to, for sure. I had somebody jump in the driver's seat and make some loops while I ran in. It's basically just a couple random doors and a sign, and when you get in it looks like you're in a sweat shop in someone's basement. People are running all over frantically to fill orders and working their butts off! Took a minute for someone to notice me and ask what I wanted, fortunately I'd already been told to order the manapuas or I'd have freaked out just cause of the atmosphere and seemingly lack of official menu. I got my order in and ran around the corner to a liquor store to get some cash (cash only here, people). By the way, seems like a little shady area of town, my buddies told me that there was a guy "snorting something white" next to the car when the picked me back up.

Eh, given all that, if it were just for the atmosphere, it'd get a 3 for "not much, but character", just the food, it'd get a 5, I'm going with a 4.

• Visited February 2012