“The best”

Kua Aina
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Description: Since 1975, Kua Aina has been serving up Honolulu's best burgers, sandwiches, salads, and fresh cut shoestring fries to locals and tourists alike. Whether you're cruising along the North Shore or shopping in town, come by and pay us a visit. Just be prepared to experience the BEST.
Amsterdam
“The best”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Kua Aina is the best burger in Hawaii. Don;t let anybody fool you in thinking other places have the most scrumtious, juice, smokey burger known to man. The Avocado burger is a must, as are the shoe string fries. Hit up the one at the Ward center in Honolulu or the Haleiwa location on a roadtrip to the Northshore. You won't be let down.

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Forked River NJ
“Local owned and operated restaurant-cash only”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great sandwiches and burgers. Crowded at lunchtime. We visited the north shore location. Great for families.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Burger”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I frequently look for good burgers when I travel. Kua Aina was recommended to me and I was pleased. First of all the service was excellent. I did not have to wait. I had never been there before and the attendant was knowledgeable and patient. I had a cheese burger. The bun was fresh and of good quality. The burger was cooked medium, meat was of good quality; no grease. I enjoyed the house fires. They are homemade, small and tasted very good. I could not finish the 1/2 lb burger. I expected it to cook away; but that was not the case. The burger was moist, tender, and tasted good. The facility was clean and staff was friendly. I thought the price offered great price value. I would consider this a family restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. I was very satisfied with my meal and would recommend this restaurant to you. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, IL
“Good sandwiches”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Good burgers and ahi sandwich. The fries are shoestring and somewhat addicting. Not a bad place and the service is friendly.

Visited June 2012
Aurora, Colorado
“Good thing this wasn't my first visit”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have been going to Kua Aina for years, both in Haleiwa and Honolulu. Normally their burgers and salads are tasty. I was seriously disappointed on this visit to their Honolulu location. Tried to get the Mahi-Mahi Salad but they were out of Mahi-Mahi. How can you be out of Mahi-Mahi while in Hawaii??? They substituted Ono. I asked if they needed to know which dressing I preferred but they said it came with the standard but could get other dressing on the side. I should've thought something was wrong but oh well... Instead of a salad I received a Ono Burger. No big deal, I can deal with this. But the bun was so stale that I had to put it to the side. The Ono was so overcooked that I had problems cutting it with a knife. Couldn't eat the fish either. The ice tea was awful. Tasted like feet smell??? Oh well, the fries were good. :)

• Visited May 2012