“West Oahu tour”

and up
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day on Oahu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Custom private tour in Blue Hawaii Island "Oahu" and Lush green Island "Maui". We are professional snorkeling guides and photographers. Must things to do in Hawaii is snorkeling let us take you to Hawaiian water! Come on join us, our custom privet tour, we will make your perfect ALOHA day!
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

We spent a great day with Akima & Bob! We were looking for an option to explore the beauty of Oahu away from Waikiki & the crowds. We went to several beautiful beaches with very few people, saw a couple of historic sites & heard about the Hawaiian legends in the area, including the beautiful valley where Hawaiians believe all life started.
They were also very accommodating to our our 2 children (8 & 10 years old) & even got a "yeah" review out of our 10 year old, which is high praise from a tough to please kid! Highly recommend taking the West Oahu tour!

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2016

Thank you for your time for review us!

We are so glad you children also enjoyed. They were great in water too!
West Oahu, there is no touristic place so if you are tired of Waikiki or tires to seeing many tourist it is perfect to visit on this isolated beaches.

I hope we can take your children little bit more time in water next time when you come back!

All reviews
"private tour"
in 7 reviews
"north shore"
in 8 reviews
"snorkeling adventure"
"vast knowledge"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"an amazing experience"
"hawaii"
in 32 reviews
"abilities"

Reviewed December 16, 2015

We went on a Thanksgiving cruise (Grand Princess) to Hawaii, roundtrip from San Francisco. Our cruise ship had an engine fire, and so instead of having 4 port days (one on each island), we only had 2 port days in Honolulu. I was so glad to have booked the tour with Akima and Bob. This tour definitely "saved" our vacation!

I learned about Akima and Bob's tour company, Hawaii Real Nature, through Groupon, but I booked directly with Akima since I have a young child and also needed a non-hotel pickup (at Aloha Tower Marketplace, where the cruise ship docked in Honolulu). The price that I paid was just as good, if not better, than the Groupon price so I highly recommend that you book through Akima directly.

We went on the 8-hour West Oahu and snorkeling tour. Including us (family of 3), there were 6 people on the tour; the other three people were a retired couple and a young man. Along the way, Bob and Akima took turns telling us stories about Hawaii's history and culture as we stopped at sacred sites and historic landmarks. Due to the small size of the group, it was like hanging out with friends. We stopped at various places such as Ku'ilioloa Heiau, Kaneana Cave, Makaha Valley and Yokohama beach. Akima took pictures for us and they turned out beautiful. =) You should check out her photograph website. Her passion is in underwater and wildlife photography.

What really stood out for me on this tour was how Akima and Bob managed two beginners during snorkeling. The retired lady and my 5-year-old daughter were completely new to snorkeling and Akima was extremely patient in helping them get set up and feel comfortable in the water. She had a torpedo-shaped buoy with handles that really helped my daughter feel confident in deep water. As a so-so swimmer myself, I would not have been able to expose my daughter to the wonders of snorkeling if it weren't for Akima and Bob. They are both certified divers and life rescuers so I felt completely comfortable entrusting my life (and my daughter's) in their hands during the guided snorkeling tour.

When my daughter returned to school, she was telling everyone that she did snorkeling (even though she really just wore goggles and dunked her head into the water whenever I told her there were fish right under; I was snorkeling besides her). She even showed everyone a picture of her with an orange sea urchin on her head. Akima dove underwater and found one, and we all took turns "wearing" our sea urchin and posing for pictures.

Next time we return to Oahu, I will definitely be booking another tour with Akima and Bob. The quality and price sure beats the excursions from the cruise ship.

PRO TIPS: (1) Akima and Bob provide all the snorkeling equipment, including fins, goggles and tubes. My husband wears glasses so he just brought his own prescription goggles. (2) Bring towels, especially if you are going to snorkel. (3) The first stop we made was at a plaza with McDonalds and a supermarket. So there is no need to pack food. (4) Bring cash for tips. Akima and Bob deserve it!

1  Thank Brenda N
NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thank you so much let us know you guys enjoyed.
I am glad to know we made good memory especially to your daughter!!! that makes me big smile :)

Showing underwater is my speciality. Seeing marine life which you don't see in usual life time is very exiting moment isn't it!?

Thank you so mush to found us and join us.
Please let me know you or your friends come to Hawaii again!?

Reviewed December 2, 2015

This was the best tour that we took in Hawaii. We've spent 14 days on the island and have taken tours from photography, catamaran, sunset cruises, and this was the best tour with the best people that we have found.

I am 65 and have not snorkeled Since military service in Midway and Guam islands. My wife was extremely hesitant about even trying since her medical condition prevents her from doing some things but Bob and Akima jumped right in make sure that we were comfortable, and we were able to snorkel just like the big boys do.

Their care and concern was evident from the moment they picked us up.

We don't write a lot of reviews but for this organization and these people, they deserve every accolade they receive. We saw part of the islands that we didn't know existed and their tour was something that was quite unique as compared to all of the others. It was laid-back, relaxing, and we all felt like we are among friends and family.

I highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants to see unique parts of the island, caves, beautiful parts of beaches and oceans and to snorkel in a quiet lagoon that has more fish than one can take photos. More importantly if any of these activities causes one to be hesitant this is the tour or you can throw your hesitation away.
Whether it be the elderly, people with handicaps, or young children, or the action minded, they all walk away enjoying their time, their snorkeling, and there tour. I know that because I am one of those, took the tour, and am extremely satisfied.

As we have been taught... Mahalo... my friend!

1  Thank Bob R
NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2015

First at all, I appreciate you folks found our tour online and booked.
Secondly thank you so much for wonderful review.
Thirdly thank you for make us smile and happy that you let us know you guys enjoyed!
We appreciate happy energy from our guests.

Underwater is my world. I'd love to share with more people who haven't had an opportunity to enjoy yet. I heard lots of people tried before but it wasn't successful. I do believe that just because you didn't see right person to go with in water. I am always hoping i can be right person so I can show to more people to underwater life who we are sharing the Earth.

Again thank you for your time to join us and review us.
Please take care.

ALOHA.

We are team keep the Ocean clean.

Reviewed November 8, 2015 via mobile

Hands down the best tour I've ever been on. This couple treats u like family. Bob and his wife make sure they make every moment memorable. They are both amazing photographers. What better way to experience Hawaii then with a couple that knows all the sweet spots of Hawaii. They take u to all the spots where all the "tourist" are far away from. They share stories with you every minuet of your tour. Each story and legend is shared with such excitement and color that u could picture every word. My boyfriend was a little scared to get into the ocean when it came to snorkeling but they made sure to help him feel comfortable every step or fin of the way. They take amazing pictures under water and above water. Like I said in the beginning "hands down best tour ever"

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2015

Mahalo for your review!

We are glad you guys enjoyed our tour. West Oahu, there is no tourist area but so many things to see.
Well very proud of your guys on snorkeling! Especially your boy friend, he done well. He will feel more comfortable next time when you guys go snorkeling for sure.

Please come back again, we can show you something different underwater world!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

We booked this trip as a spur of the moment kind of thing, and went the next day. We were lucky enough to be the only couple this day, but i'm sure it would be just as much fun with more people too. Bob and Akima showed us around the west shore and taught us a lot of new things, about the hawaiian culture, history and legends. We felt very well taken care of and had such a good time all day! We got to see some of the most incredible scenery and at every stop they had something to teach us. At the end of the day we went snorkeling, akima is a certified everything in the water and bob makes sure you're good all the time, so no need to worry :) We got to swim with hawaiian green sea turtles and saw lots of colorful fish. Recommend getting the photo package (akima is a photographer), as you'll get lots of great photos and also underwater photos. This ended up being the highlight of our trip! Would definitely do it again :) mahalo for having us.

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2015

Aloooooooha!
We are glad you guys enjoyed West Oahu Tour. Hawaii has many story to tell you. When you go drive your self you can see but you don't know the story, legend behind. It is nice to have someone drive and explain to you sometimes on your vacation right?!
Places Hawaii are very much "sacred" if you dont research you won't know so if you go there you missed a lot without story.

We are trying to get more knowledge and legend in Hawaiian history.

Hopefully we will see you guys in the future, tell you more interesting story about Hawaii.

Mahalo to come to Hawaii from other side of the world.