“Highlight of our trip ”

and up
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day on Oahu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Custom private tour in Blue Hawaii Island "Oahu" and Lush green Island "Maui". We are professional snorkeling guides and photographers. Must things to do in Hawaii is snorkeling let us take you to Hawaiian water! Come on join us, our custom privet tour, we will make your perfect ALOHA day!
Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

We booked this trip as a spur of the moment kind of thing, and went the next day. We were lucky enough to be the only couple this day, but i'm sure it would be just as much fun with more people too. Bob and Akima showed us around the west shore and taught us a lot of new things, about the hawaiian culture, history and legends. We felt very well taken care of and had such a good time all day! We got to see some of the most incredible scenery and at every stop they had something to teach us. At the end of the day we went snorkeling, akima is a certified everything in the water and bob makes sure you're good all the time, so no need to worry :) We got to swim with hawaiian green sea turtles and saw lots of colorful fish. Recommend getting the photo package (akima is a photographer), as you'll get lots of great photos and also underwater photos. This ended up being the highlight of our trip! Would definitely do it again :) mahalo for having us.

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2015

Aloooooooha!
We are glad you guys enjoyed West Oahu Tour. Hawaii has many story to tell you. When you go drive your self you can see but you don't know the story, legend behind. It is nice to have someone drive and explain to you sometimes on your vacation right?!
Places Hawaii are very much "sacred" if you dont research you won't know so if you go there you missed a lot without story.

We are trying to get more knowledge and legend in Hawaiian history.

Hopefully we will see you guys in the future, tell you more interesting story about Hawaii.

Mahalo to come to Hawaii from other side of the world.

All reviews
"private tour"
in 7 reviews
"north shore"
in 8 reviews
"snorkeling adventure"
"vast knowledge"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"an amazing experience"
"hawaii"
in 32 reviews
"abilities"

Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

What can I say.... a great day touring the west side and surrounding areas....fantastic snorkeling on a fantastic island. Hugely informative (beware of the pop quiz...I failed) Highly recommended for seeing the real nature of Hawaii

Thank you for found us!
West Oahu shows you Real Hawaii. Not like Waikiki for tourists.
Real Nature, Real people Real Hawaii.

Hopefully you will come back with your GF next time!

Aloha!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

I had the pleasure of touring with Akima and Bob on Saturday, 10/17/15. It was nice that we started out so early, there were very few cars out yet, and we were treated to a very "locals style" beach experience since the residents along the west side were off work. I loved it! I live on the west side of Oahu, and while I love exploring new beaches, there is so much I didn't know about the history and local legends on this little-known side of Oahu. My boyfriend is visiting from the Mainland, and I am so glad he was able to participate in this tour too. Bob and Akima worked together really well, they compliment each other's narrative and really have a great rapport... so we found the entire tour to be very easy and relaxing. My favorite part of the tour was getting a nice long snorkeling session in at the end, and coming home with so many amazing photos. I totally recommend this tour to anyone curious about the west side of the island, the beaches are some of the most beautiful I have been to. Make this part of your next trip to Hawaii!!

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2015

Thank you for your time to review us!

Yes West Oahu is most gorgeous place in Oahu but not many people can have opportunity to come to Waianae coast. This is reason why I started this tour.

Very different than Waikiki or other place in Oahu. Very sacred, more stories to tell.
Mana is still coming back to here I believe.

Anyway I am glad you enjoined tour!
Hope we will be able to show you other different life at snorkeling next time you guys come on tour!!

Alooooooooooooooha!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our tour - a historically and folk-laden journey to the west of Oahu! Many tours do not concentrate on the West but in our small group (only 5 of us including our tour driver Bob and guide Akima) we learnt about state fish (humuhumunukunukuapua'a - one of the many tongue-twisting Hawaiian words), folklore of eerie & ancient cave, explored pristine beaches and swum with the green sea turtle! We also had the opportunity to speak to a local (sibling of one of the legendary Hawaiian surfer) who told us thrilling tale of giant tiger shark 'Scarback' haunting the surfs of Makaha Beach. Fingers crossed Akima will get a picture of Scarback soon!

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Aloha! Thank you so much for your time to review us.
We were lucky to speak with Sky that day and yes I will let you know when I get pic or bite from scarback, hopefully i get pic not bite......

Mahalo!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2015

I enjoyed the Hawai'i Real Nature Tour in October. Bob and Akima are a class act when it comes to designing and executing a tour that is informative, entertaining, safe and UNIQUE.

Visiting the west coast of Oahu is, in itself, a unique experience. Combined with the knowledge, history, personal connection and experiences that Bob and Akima provide, this tour is an absolute MUST when vacationing on the island of Oahu.

There are several stops on the tour that expose the beauty, humanity and realness of Oahu's gorgeous west coast. Stories from history are mixed with humor and fascinating Hawaiian legends. An ongoing lesson in Hawaiian language is also a part of this amazing day.

From beautiful lookouts, pristine beaches, historically relevant sites, and of course, the snorkeling portion of this tour, everything comes together to provide a most enjoyable day of exploration. We were lucky to have a very unique encounter with a local, and, while it may seem trivial, it really showed how caring and genuine both Bob and Akima are about their guests on the tour, the local people of the island, and the island itself. There is never a rush, but you get to see and experience a lot, and you never feel like you are on a pre-fab 'made for tourists' tour.

Simply, an experience to be had if you are on the island of Oahu!

Thank you for found us and beautiful review.

West Oahu is still untouched from tourism and development and there are still Hawaiian ancient sites are remain so you can feel see Hawaiian legend and history.

Waianae coast is yes REAL HAWAII, like time goes slow, hear the only wave sound and bird singing, smell the plumeria.

We are trying to improve every tour so if you come back next time you feel like "new tour" again.

We hope we will see you again.

Good luck on your new life.

Aloha!