“The best way to tour the West side of Oahu!”

Hawaii Real Nature Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$110.00*
and up
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day on Oahu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Custom private tour in Blue Hawaii Island "Oahu" and Lush green Island "Maui". We are professional snorkeling guides and photographers. Must things to do in Hawaii is snorkeling let us take you to Hawaiian water! Come on join us, our custom privet tour, we will make your perfect ALOHA day!
Reviewed October 19, 2015

I had the pleasure of touring with Akima and Bob on Saturday, 10/17/15. It was nice that we started out so early, there were very few cars out yet, and we were treated to a very "locals style" beach experience since the residents along the west side were off work. I loved it! I live on the west side of Oahu, and while I love exploring new beaches, there is so much I didn't know about the history and local legends on this little-known side of Oahu. My boyfriend is visiting from the Mainland, and I am so glad he was able to participate in this tour too. Bob and Akima worked together really well, they compliment each other's narrative and really have a great rapport... so we found the entire tour to be very easy and relaxing. My favorite part of the tour was getting a nice long snorkeling session in at the end, and coming home with so many amazing photos. I totally recommend this tour to anyone curious about the west side of the island, the beaches are some of the most beautiful I have been to. Make this part of your next trip to Hawaii!!

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2015

Thank you for your time to review us!

Yes West Oahu is most gorgeous place in Oahu but not many people can have opportunity to come to Waianae coast. This is reason why I started this tour.

Very different than Waikiki or other place in Oahu. Very sacred, more stories to tell.
Mana is still coming back to here I believe.

Anyway I am glad you enjoined tour!
Hope we will be able to show you other different life at snorkeling next time you guys come on tour!!

Alooooooooooooooha!

in 8 reviews
"snorkeling adventure"
"vast knowledge"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"an amazing experience"
"hawaii"
in 32 reviews
"abilities"

Reviewed October 19, 2015

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our tour - a historically and folk-laden journey to the west of Oahu! Many tours do not concentrate on the West but in our small group (only 5 of us including our tour driver Bob and guide Akima) we learnt about state fish (humuhumunukunukuapua'a - one of the many tongue-twisting Hawaiian words), folklore of eerie & ancient cave, explored pristine beaches and swum with the green sea turtle! We also had the opportunity to speak to a local (sibling of one of the legendary Hawaiian surfer) who told us thrilling tale of giant tiger shark 'Scarback' haunting the surfs of Makaha Beach. Fingers crossed Akima will get a picture of Scarback soon!

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Aloha! Thank you so much for your time to review us.
We were lucky to speak with Sky that day and yes I will let you know when I get pic or bite from scarback, hopefully i get pic not bite......

Mahalo!

Reviewed October 13, 2015

I enjoyed the Hawai'i Real Nature Tour in October. Bob and Akima are a class act when it comes to designing and executing a tour that is informative, entertaining, safe and UNIQUE.

Visiting the west coast of Oahu is, in itself, a unique experience. Combined with the knowledge, history, personal connection and experiences that Bob and Akima provide, this tour is an absolute MUST when vacationing on the island of Oahu.

There are several stops on the tour that expose the beauty, humanity and realness of Oahu's gorgeous west coast. Stories from history are mixed with humor and fascinating Hawaiian legends. An ongoing lesson in Hawaiian language is also a part of this amazing day.

From beautiful lookouts, pristine beaches, historically relevant sites, and of course, the snorkeling portion of this tour, everything comes together to provide a most enjoyable day of exploration. We were lucky to have a very unique encounter with a local, and, while it may seem trivial, it really showed how caring and genuine both Bob and Akima are about their guests on the tour, the local people of the island, and the island itself. There is never a rush, but you get to see and experience a lot, and you never feel like you are on a pre-fab 'made for tourists' tour.

Simply, an experience to be had if you are on the island of Oahu!

Thank you for found us and beautiful review.

West Oahu is still untouched from tourism and development and there are still Hawaiian ancient sites are remain so you can feel see Hawaiian legend and history.

Waianae coast is yes REAL HAWAII, like time goes slow, hear the only wave sound and bird singing, smell the plumeria.

We are trying to improve every tour so if you come back next time you feel like "new tour" again.

We hope we will see you again.

Good luck on your new life.

Aloha!

Akima

Reviewed October 8, 2015 via mobile

What an awesome tour, had the great pleasure of having Akima and Bob as personal tour guides for the day and my only complaint is that my plane left the next day. It would have been amazing to spend days with these 2. It was truly a local experience getting away from all the regular over priced, over crowded and under delivering tours where you are jammed in a bus like cattle and rushed from this spot to the next without ever getting to see what the real Hawai'i is like. Not only did they take you to all the best places but they also took the time to allow you to explore while filling you in on the local history and culture including teaching you some of the local language and legends. If you are a lover of all things ocean and water related like me then you will not be disappointed, the west coast of Oahu has some of the most spectacular beaches and crystal clear warm water anywhere. Both Akima and Bob are very experienced and well trained watermen and I'm pretty sure Akima is a mermaid with an invisible tail so even if you are not that confident in the water they have the knowledge to help you improve your ability and get you in the water with some amazing wildlife and if you are truly lucky they will give you the best opportunity to swim with wild dolphins. If you don't finish the tour with new knowledge, a sense of achievement, incredible memories and a greater understanding of the Aloha spirit then you weren't on tour with Hawaii Real Nature Tours. Can't wait until next time.

Mahalo and Aloha nui loa to Akima and Bob, a hui hou (thankyou and much love to Akima and Bob, until we meet again)

NaiaMermaid, Guide at Hawaii Real Nature Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2015

Aloha!!
Thank you so much for join us from Australia.
It was amazing we met in Tonga and Hawaii, very thankful for your time.

West Oahu is very different with Waikiki isn't it?! We are trying improve our Hawaii knowledge day by day.
So when you guys are coming back!

Aloha oukou!