“The front desk is very rude!”

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“The front desk is very rude!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel wasn't bad until tonight. The location is convient for the most part. Rooms are clean and most the staff is very nice. Like I said it was cool until like 5 minutes ago was doing laundy, put 2 dollars in the soda machine to try to get change back for the laundry machine. The vendinding machine wouldn't give change back so I go to the front desk kind and courteous as you could be and the lady at the front desk was not only rude but also said I was wasting her time straight to my face. If that isn't bad service I don't know what is, Her job is to make people feel welcomed and she made me want to leave this very night! Do not stay at this hotel!

OutriggerGMHonolulu, Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. We strive to provide service excellence, we apologize for not meeting your expectations. Thank you for providing details so we may follow up.

We wish you a warm island regard.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The front desk personnel have very bad service and very snotty!! Very disrespectful, the only nice person in this hotel is the security guard. Rooms by the freeway suck, too much noise. Next time I will spend a lil more money for a better hotel. F*** this hotel!!!

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. We will follow up on the comments you made and pass on your positive comments to our security department. We strive to provide service excellence, we apologize for not meeting your expectations.

We wish you a warm island regards.

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Blanchard, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 18, 2010

the security and obviously staff here was very rude and wasnt allowed to DRINK anywheres on premises! which i thought was obscure since i was in honolulu freakin hawaii!!!!! o but they sell it (alcahol) downstairs at a dive hole of a novelty shop. i felt like i was in boot camp more than a beautiful island where its supposed to be paradise. if you want paradise.................this one is not the place to be. beggars everywhere and aweful staffing rates this dump a -99!!!!! look around or spend a little more, but not here. this is a military housing place as far as im concerned! dispicable!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HonoluluGM, General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. Our hotel offers a comfortable restaurant where alcohol beverages and other delicous food and beverages are served. We do not allow alchohol comsumption in public areas. The state of Hawaii has very strict laws on public achohol comsumtion and we want to provide all our guests including many families that stay at our property a comfortable, safe and relaxing hotel and public areas. Our location is very convienent to the airport and surrounding businesses and tourist attractions in Honolulu.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will return to Honolulu soon. Warmest island regards.
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed with my two teenage grand boys on an overnight before going on to Kauai. This is an older hotel, so don't expect the impossible. But it is very clean, very convenient with airport shuttle and quite well-maintained. The beds were SO comfortable, and the sheets nice and thick. The pillows were plump and generous. The pool is OK. They have a nice restaurant on site, but we were time-constrained, so had breakfast a half block away at a suggested "drive in" type place. We ate open-air. The food was excellent and very reasonable. I definitely recommend this hotel for 1 or 2 nights in Honolulu.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

We apprciate your positive comments and we will share them with our team. We hope you will return to the islands and stay with us again.

Warm island regards!
San Diego
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My corporate travel agency booked this hotel for me. If you are traveling on business and/or want to be close to Pearl Harbor or the airport - this is the location for you. Also good for travelers on a budget who don't want to pay top dollar for Waikiki hotels. Small clean room, reasonable rates and parking fees compared to others in Hawaii. Nice cafe on-site. Not a luxury hotel - just a nice clean room and a shower. I had a problem in that I was there on business and needed to work in the room at night. The in-room internet was very very slow: taking 2 min to load a single page. Unfortunately, these smaller hotels contract out their internet service so they don't have to pay a full time IT staff, so I ended up on the phone for 40 min troubleshooting the hotel internet problems myself. Not good. Anyway, they were unable to fix the problem the next day, so I was forced to go to another hotel. It could have been a big hassle with the hotel charging me for checking out early, but nothing could be further from the truth. The Manager - Lance was superb. He understood that I had to work, and no internet was not an option for me. He let me check out extremely late (3PM) and apologized for the inconvenience and even refunded 50% of my one night stay. This guy gets it - now he has a loyal customer every time I come back to Oahu. The service at this hotel could not be better!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

We apprciate your comments. Our team strives to their best and appreciate guest feedback. We hope you will return to the islands and stay with us again.

Warm island regards!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 28, 2010

The overall hotel is nice and almost everyone is friendly. My husband & I had no choice but to stay here for the military until our housing got set up..this hotel has LOTS of military staying here.
The housekeepers are basically just rude. They STOLE our do not disturb sign TWICE. There were mornings where I was still asleep and I would wake up to them standing at the end of the bed asking if I wanted them to make it. I was sick for about a week and a half. I just wanted to sleep. Every morning they would knock on the door and wake me up, even though the do not disturb sign was there.
I have a friend staying here with a baby. The housekeepers complained to the manager that she had dirty diapers in her trash..my friend was at risk of being kicked out of the hotel while she was waiting for military housing. The housekeeper even entered her room and proceeded to talk loudly at 8am while the children were trying to sleep. Her 2 year old daughter even had a sheet SNATCHED off of her.
Its a great hotel, if you don't enjoy sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Shorewood, Illinois
Reviewed June 15, 2010

The free shuttle to and from the airport is great. In hotel restaurant is pricey. Check in staff very helpful. There are several places to eat within walking distance. room was clean with the exception of the bathroom which had hairs in the tub. Noisy at night as it right across the street from the exspressway overpass. We used this hotel for one night as we had a very early flight out in the AM. It was the prefect location for that. Not somewhere I would use for more than one night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple