$364
Hotels.com
$311
$270
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

$188
Agoda.com
$358
$306
1,556 results
All reviewsclose to the airportfront deskthe shuttle driverroom attendantpearl harboron site restaurantroad noisecar rentalconvenient locationparking garagecorner roomhousekeeping staffnorth shoremenabwliaisonhawaii
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a perfect place to stay for the night when we arrived in Honolulu to go on the Norwegian Cruise Line. The staff was outstanding and very helpful! The shuttle airport service was great and had a shuttle with a lift. We stayed again at the end of our cruise. They had a great in house restaurant and gift shop. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family has stayed in this hotel several times when we had our home termite tented. When looking for a hotel again, this one caught my eye as it was identified as pet friendly. It is actually the only pet friendly Best Western on the Island of Oahu. It also had all the conveniences that we desired - situated in the middle of the Island and close to the airport, ice maker on same floor, laundry room, in-house sundry store, and nice size rooms. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning was not adjustable and set at 78 degrees. This was too warm for everyone in both of our hotel rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Aloha uctawr,

Thank you for continuing to consider the Best Western the Plaza Hotel for you and your families needs. Both the staff and management are appreciative of your support and for taking the time to write a review.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning unit. It is not our standard to have it set that high and so we will look into this and ensure all our rooms are set at the right temperature.
Thank you again for continuing to stay with us and should there be anything we can do to make your future visits more accommodating, please let us know.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a 15 hour layover in Honolulu so this hotel filled the bill. Arrived at 9:30pm called the hotel. The van was there within 10 minutes. At the front desk it took no more than 5 minutes to check-in and off to the room. We were on the top floor facing the airport away from the highway. The room was clean and the bathroom looked like it was remodeled undated good shower. The mattress looked like it was new, I always check. Very quiet room no noise. Had breakfast package with room. Good choices and a good amount of food. Van back to the airport ran on a schedule so had no problem. For a layover for a morning flight this hotel was very convenient. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an airport view away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank steve5074

Aloha Steve5074,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western the Plaza Hotel for your quick stopover. We are appreciative of your patronage and for the review on TripAdvisor.

The topics you covered in your review, is what makes the Best Western the Plaza Hotel a great place to stay. We have a great location, complimentary shuttle, clean and quiet rooms, and also great food in the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again and should you have any questions, please feel free to call us.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just imagine walking into the room and realize that the cleaning lady has left a window open. You check the windows and realize that they're all closed.. the noise is just unbelievable.

The good thing is that you will not hear any airplanes. The bad thing is that it's because of the highway noise, which is practically 24x7.

They say there are earplugs in the room (there wasn't, I had my own) but your average good quality earplugs will not block all the noise. We spent four months travelling around North America and this was absolutely the worst night we had. And the plan was to stay here to get a good night sleep before flying to the east coast..

The one star comes from the fact that the room was relatively clean as such and the staff was ok. I have never complained about a room at check-out but here I did.

As the H-1 interstate has been there for ages, there's really no excuse for not having proper windows in the rooms. It's not rocket science. The requirements for a good airport hotel are pretty simple, you give the folks a good night's sleep and you're next to the airport.

As they still charge a premium for the location, I'd book a cheaper hotel further away from the airport and take a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank petriojala
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Aloha pertiojala,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your feedback about the Best Western the Plaza Hotel.

I would like to extend our sincere apologies we were not able to meet your expectations. The Best Western the Plaza Hotel does have quiet rooms away from the noise you mentioned in your review and we apologize we were not able to move you to one of those rooms.

Our location near the airport, along with a free complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel is a great amenity our guests do take advantage of. I would also agree with you that our Housekeeping Department does a great job in providing a clean and comfortable room, with friendly service.

We are hopeful we will be able to welcome you back to the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. I would like to hear from you regarding your stay, so please feel free to call me at (808) 837-5931.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I can sleep through anything, so the constant road noise was not a huge deal, but the hotel staff put me on the "quiet end". And it didn't really make a difference. This hotel is not ideal for light sleepers.

The breakfast was very overpriced for what was served. A example of this is an extra egg with your meal will cost you 3 dollars extra. Do yourself a favor and walk or drive a quarter mile down the road to Joe's Grill and get more food for less than half the price.

A six pack of Heineken is $12.50 at the convenience store in the lobby, and don't forget the sunscreen or you will be paying 15$ for some in that same store. Ask me how I know...

Now I understand the principles of supply and demand, as well as convenience, so I paid these prices, but what bothers me is that there are a lot of service men and women staying in this hotel during transition, and they are subject to these high prices, and I do not think that is right.

The laundry room was nice, a single wash and dry will cost about $6.50 with the detergent included. Facilities were nice.

On to the room. The room was slightly dated, but it was clean. One problem I ran into was having enough power outlets for my various electronics.

Parking was not an issue, but be careful of blind corners and other vehicles.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Aloha John H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western the Plaza Hotel, as well as your review.

We do apologize we were not able to meet your expectations this time. Although we are located in an industrial area, we have a great location to the airport and we do offer quiet rooms. As you mentioned, we do have many Armed Forces families that enjoy staying with us and frequent the gift shop quiet a bit.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western the Plaza Hotel and we hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.