1,589 results
All reviews close to the airport front desk the shuttle driver minutes from the airport room attendant pearl harbor on site restaurant car rental convenient location corner room parking garage housekeeping staff north shore mena bw liaison hawaii
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just imagine walking into the room and realize that the cleaning lady has left a window open. You check the windows and realize that they're all closed.. the noise is just unbelievable.

The good thing is that you will not hear any airplanes. The bad thing is that it's because of the highway noise, which is practically 24x7.

They say there are earplugs in the room (there wasn't, I had my own) but your average good quality earplugs will not block all the noise. We spent four months travelling around North America and this was absolutely the worst night we had. And the plan was to stay here to get a good night sleep before flying to the east coast..

The one star comes from the fact that the room was relatively clean as such and the staff was ok. I have never complained about a room at check-out but here I did.

As the H-1 interstate has been there for ages, there's really no excuse for not having proper windows in the rooms. It's not rocket science. The requirements for a good airport hotel are pretty simple, you give the folks a good night's sleep and you're next to the airport.

As they still charge a premium for the location, I'd book a cheaper hotel further away from the airport and take a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank petriojala
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Aloha pertiojala,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your feedback about the Best Western the Plaza Hotel.

I would like to extend our sincere apologies we were not able to meet your expectations. The Best Western the Plaza Hotel does have quiet rooms away from the noise you mentioned in your review and we apologize we were not able to move you to one of those rooms.

Our location near the airport, along with a free complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel is a great amenity our guests do take advantage of. I would also agree with you that our Housekeeping Department does a great job in providing a clean and comfortable room, with friendly service.

We are hopeful we will be able to welcome you back to the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. I would like to hear from you regarding your stay, so please feel free to call me at (808) 837-5931.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I can sleep through anything, so the constant road noise was not a huge deal, but the hotel staff put me on the "quiet end". And it didn't really make a difference. This hotel is not ideal for light sleepers.

The breakfast was very overpriced for what was served. A example of this is an extra egg with your meal will cost you 3 dollars extra. Do yourself a favor and walk or drive a quarter mile down the road to Joe's Grill and get more food for less than half the price.

A six pack of Heineken is $12.50 at the convenience store in the lobby, and don't forget the sunscreen or you will be paying 15$ for some in that same store. Ask me how I know...

Now I understand the principles of supply and demand, as well as convenience, so I paid these prices, but what bothers me is that there are a lot of service men and women staying in this hotel during transition, and they are subject to these high prices, and I do not think that is right.

The laundry room was nice, a single wash and dry will cost about $6.50 with the detergent included. Facilities were nice.

On to the room. The room was slightly dated, but it was clean. One problem I ran into was having enough power outlets for my various electronics.

Parking was not an issue, but be careful of blind corners and other vehicles.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Aloha John H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western the Plaza Hotel, as well as your review.

We do apologize we were not able to meet your expectations this time. Although we are located in an industrial area, we have a great location to the airport and we do offer quiet rooms. As you mentioned, we do have many Armed Forces families that enjoy staying with us and frequent the gift shop quiet a bit.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western the Plaza Hotel and we hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was an awesome stay, I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights and must I say the experience was Great. I was visiting a friend of mine plus I was on vacation and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. They anticipated my needs, offered specials and promos at the time of my check in. This was my first stay with Best Western, because I usually go for the more upscale hotels, but this location was right down the street from the HNL Airport and I was very impressed. I will say that the hotel was under construction and it was noisy for the most part of the day, but they did post signs around the hotel to make the customers aware of what they would be doing, what times, and the reason for the rennovation. I plan to use this hotel again......

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Aloha Delisa R,

Thank you for staying with the Best Western the Plaza Hotel during your most recent stay in Hawaii. Both our staff and management are appreciative of patronage, as well as your review and score of our hotel!

As you mentioned, we have a great location being close to the Honolulu International Airport and our rates are reasonable considering the cost to get into Waikiki. We do apologize about the noise you encountered during your stay. We are working to improve our property and once these renovations are completed, our property will be improved.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. Should there be any concerns or need assistance making your next reservation, please contact me directly at (808) 837-5931.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Really close to the airport and with a free shuttle bus service. We rang for the shuttle (free 'phone) as soon as we collected the luggage from the carousel and the driver was there within 10 minutes. Due to the Hotel's location beside a motorway there was traffic noise but this did not bother us. Dinner is available either inhouse or at the partner venue down the road depending on which night of the week it is. The hotel shuttle bus runs every 30 minutes between the two hotels so this is quite convenient. Breakfast served in the dining room with friendly and efficient staff waiting on you. This venue ideally suited our overnight stay for connecting through to Australia from Maui.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha Tery Y,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Best Western the Plaza Hotel, we would like to thank you for staying with us, your review, and score!

As you mentioned, although we are close to the freeway, we have a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, we offer two great restaurants to enjoy breakfast and dinner with great staff to service you, and we have a great location!

We look forward to welcoming you back again and should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (808) 837-5931.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Going into the stay, I knew we'd be next to the highway and airport, so the road noise didn't bother me or my dad at all. It's really close to the airport and didn't take long at all to get us there and back. The staff was nice and we had a nice view from our window. We had breakfast vouchers with our stay (we went on a cruise so we stayed there saturday night when we came in and for sunday when we came back in). The breakfast was great and the servers were good. It just seemed like they were low staffed because we had to wait a while before being seated and then it took a while to get drink refills. But everything was nice and what we expected. I'd definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Hawaii.

Room Tip: If you don't like road noise, don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family