$364
$179
$314
$270
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $304/night.

$425
$211
$178
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

The Modern Honolulu(Honolulu)
$254
$209
$210
1,556 results
All reviewsclose to the airportfront deskthe shuttle driverroom attendantpearl harboron site restaurantroad noisecar rentalconvenient locationparking garagecorner roomhousekeeping staffnorth shoremenabwliaisonhawaii
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was an awesome stay, I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights and must I say the experience was Great. I was visiting a friend of mine plus I was on vacation and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. They anticipated my needs, offered specials and promos at the time of my check in. This was my first stay with Best Western, because I usually go for the more upscale hotels, but this location was right down the street from the HNL Airport and I was very impressed. I will say that the hotel was under construction and it was noisy for the most part of the day, but they did post signs around the hotel to make the customers aware of what they would be doing, what times, and the reason for the rennovation. I plan to use this hotel again......

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Aloha Delisa R,

Thank you for staying with the Best Western the Plaza Hotel during your most recent stay in Hawaii. Both our staff and management are appreciative of patronage, as well as your review and score of our hotel!

As you mentioned, we have a great location being close to the Honolulu International Airport and our rates are reasonable considering the cost to get into Waikiki. We do apologize about the noise you encountered during your stay. We are working to improve our property and once these renovations are completed, our property will be improved.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Best Western the Plaza Hotel. Should there be any concerns or need assistance making your next reservation, please contact me directly at (808) 837-5931.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Really close to the airport and with a free shuttle bus service. We rang for the shuttle (free 'phone) as soon as we collected the luggage from the carousel and the driver was there within 10 minutes. Due to the Hotel's location beside a motorway there was traffic noise but this did not bother us. Dinner is available either inhouse or at the partner venue down the road depending on which night of the week it is. The hotel shuttle bus runs every 30 minutes between the two hotels so this is quite convenient. Breakfast served in the dining room with friendly and efficient staff waiting on you. This venue ideally suited our overnight stay for connecting through to Australia from Maui.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha Tery Y,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Best Western the Plaza Hotel, we would like to thank you for staying with us, your review, and score!

As you mentioned, although we are close to the freeway, we have a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, we offer two great restaurants to enjoy breakfast and dinner with great staff to service you, and we have a great location!

We look forward to welcoming you back again and should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (808) 837-5931.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Going into the stay, I knew we'd be next to the highway and airport, so the road noise didn't bother me or my dad at all. It's really close to the airport and didn't take long at all to get us there and back. The staff was nice and we had a nice view from our window. We had breakfast vouchers with our stay (we went on a cruise so we stayed there saturday night when we came in and for sunday when we came back in). The breakfast was great and the servers were good. It just seemed like they were low staffed because we had to wait a while before being seated and then it took a while to get drink refills. But everything was nice and what we expected. I'd definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Hawaii.

Room Tip: If you don't like road noise, don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I personally thought that my stay at the hotel was pretty fair. Everything was pretty average as most hotels. The things that I disliked were the constant noise being that it is directly next to the highway. It is really not in the best location for a hotel and also the parking garage is very prone for accidents because it is entirely to small to park. I was constantly having to dodge accidents because everyone does not think to drive a decent speed in a parking garage. The thing that I did enjoy most was the cafe' and the entire staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. My cleaning service especially was great. Her name was Madeline and she was very polite. She cleaned my room each day with fresh new towels, changing my sheets, and refreshing the room with a very delightful scent. In all my stay was pretty comfortable and I enjoyed everything thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms that are farther away from the highway are more comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Damonica M
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Aloha Damonica M,

Thank you for staying at Best Western The Plaza Hotel and for your honest review of your stay. We are appreciative of the review and glad we were able to meet your expectations.

We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the noise and speed of guests in the parking garage, but as you mentioned the staff was great! Our staff take pride in working here and many of them have been with the hotel for over 10 years. We will ensure your comments are shared with our staff and continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked this hotel on my way to American Samoa. It is close to the airport and convenient for those traveling alone. I became ill on my trip & staff helped me locate an urgent care just around the corner from the hotel, along with the pharmacy where I picked up meds. Hotel staff was helpful & did their best to make me comfortable as I continued my flight the following day. The hotel was clean & comfortable...all you need if you are traveling long flights & want a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo