“Clean, older hotel”

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
Ranked #55 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pleasantly surprised at the large, clean room. Shower was great! Stayed only one night because moved to stay with relatives. Close to the airport and freeway so knew that it would not compare to upscale hotels in Waikiki. Good for what we needed. Definitely better than the poor to fair most travelers reported.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank WA2007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Expecting little from an airport hotel surrounded by used car lots and car rental facilities, I figured I only needed a bed and convenient location to airport. I was very pleasantly surprised by the fresh, clean appearance of the reception and the warmth and effeciency of the front desk staff. They were professional and informative. In the room, I was really surprised at how fresh and clean and nearly sound-proof the room was. Normally a light sleeper, I slept like a baby in the very comfortable bed. I am so impressed by this property that I'll be booking another stay for an up-coming Honolulu lay-over. I recommend this hotel without reservation. Clean, fresh, quiet. Excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KKemp
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel may be great if you are just flying in and leaving the next day. The noise from the freeway was terrible. We were on the 10th floor and looked directly onto the freeway. The only thing great about it is that it was close to the bus and thats how we traveled Seven days there was too long.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We arrived earlier than expected, so we had to get a hotel. I called from the phones at baggage claim, where this hotel was listed. For $199+tax I received a room that had blood on the carpet, big red stains on the carpet, clumps of black hair in the corner, and someone's jacket still in the closet smelling of old cigarette smoke (which made the room smell like it). It was absolutely disgusting! They did put clean sheets on the bed though. I told the front desk and they gave me $20 food credit for my son and I. How thoughtful. This place reminded me of a place for drugs and prostitutes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa0204
Reviewed February 16, 2013

bring your earplugs. Convenient shuttle service to the airport. Lots of military families with loud kids running up and down the halls. The room was spacious, but not immaculate by any stretch of the imagination. .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were very pleased with staying here, the week in Hawaii. The staff was great, and very helpful and made us feel at home..We started out to stay only a couple of nights but because of the covenince we ended up staying there the whole ten days. Cherea at the front desk, was awesome she helped us with everything, and we exchanged a little gift for each other and pictures.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Honolulu hotels
Airport Honolulu Hotel
Downtown Honolulu
Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel
Waikiki Gateway Hotel
#44 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Best Western The Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western The Plaza Hotel

Address: 3253 N Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96819-1907
Location: United States > Hawaii > Oahu > Honolulu
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#36 Business Hotel in Honolulu
Price Range: $161 - $283 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western The Plaza Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western The Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Honolulu