“Great for airport stopover”

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Noosa
“Great for airport stopover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Dated but clean room. free wireless internet. (Some 5 star hotels still charge for this!) You would not holiday here at all! (no offence to the hotel!) The hotel provides a FREE 24hr airport shuttle. (Please tip the driver!) DanoCanada: There is a 24 HOUR diner RIGHT NEXT DOOR! And a shopping centre with about 6 different eateries open till 11pm just across the road from that. And yes it is right near a freeway as it is RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO THE AIRPORT! Accurate ratings and comments are useful here... so get facts right before giving a hotel the DL! I mean, how long did you stay there!!?? NO ONE would holiday here unless they were insane or just down right poor! I thought this hotel was well priced, at just under $100 AU. I mean what do you expect. I was at this hotel for a total of 12 hours, it is what it is. I slept fine, they even provided ear plugs, which I did not need. The staff were beautiful! I just love the Hawaiians they are so friendly. Thank you Best Western The Plaza Hotel, My stay was everything I wanted!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean! I did not get one but later noticed they were further away from tra...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel is way overpriced given the location under a freeway and its condition. The hallways and carpets in this hotel are dirty and smelly. The noise from the freeway is so loud you can't even sit out by the pool. The rooms are tired and noisy from the traffic on the freeway as well. Staff were very helpful, however, and the size of the room was good. Bed comfort was very good. The restaurant was closed when we arrived and it was quite a hike on foot to any restaurant or shopping. The only reason one would consider staying here is because of the hotel's proximity to the airport and the free airport shuttle. Otherwise, the Best Western in Waikiki downtown is much better value.

Room Tip: It might be a bit quieter in the ground level rooms, not in the tower which puts you right next to t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
RudyFao, Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Aloha and Mahalo for reviewing us. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Our hotel is indeed located close to Honolulu airport and at times could be a little noisy. We do however have rooms that are quite and away from the freeway, they have views of the ocean and you can watch planes taking off from a distance.
Our inhouse restaurant opens daily for breakfast and serves dinner from Friday through Monday. Our sister property, the Ohana Honolulu Airport hotel serves dinner on the alternate days, you can catch our complimentary shuttle to dine there as well.
There are several close local dining options in the area for lunch and our front desk team are more than happy to share their favorites with you.
We hope your visit to Honolulu was memorable and we look forward to your to our beautiful Island.

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

My apologies for the delay in submitting my comments. After a 12-night cruise ending in Honolulu, we stayed one extra day (Sept. 21) and chose Best Western The Plaza Hotel as it is close to the airport and offered a free shuttle to the airport. We were not disappointed. We arrived in the morning and met Rose at the counter. We were able to get into our room right away which was a real bonus. In spite of the main highway being across from the hotel, we were not bothered at all by traffic noise. The city bus stop was across the street and as a senior, we could ride for $1.00 each and it took us right down to Waikiki Beach area. We were unable to access WiFi in our room, but it was available in the lobby, and we could print off our boarding passes from the computer in the lobby. Rose was amazing in helping us at all times, even remembering our names. Once we’d checked out, she made arrangements to store our luggage as our flight wasn’t until the evening. We also had an excellent breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank linda_anne44
Paradise, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Ok so I can't say that staying in a hotel is my favorite place to be but if I have to be in a hotel I'm glad I'm surrounded by the wonderful staff here! They go out of there way to say hi and ask if they can help you. If you have a problem they try to fix it immediately and if they can't they get someone who can. My husband and I have to stay in a hotel because of military reasons, since we just moved to the island. and having people like Rose on the staff makes being here a home away from home.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view of the city and the water :)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ambuchick
Wahiawa, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

The front desk ladies were most helpful, friendly and over all took care of everything! We PCS'ed here from Fort Campbell KY and the military placed us here. My over all favorite thing about this motel is it has all the convenients of home. Rooms were clean, beds were comfy. I would definetly recommend this hotel! Go talk to Cherae at the front desk.........She is the BEST!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RudyFao, Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Mahalo for taking the time to review us. We are glad that you chose our hotel to be your first home in Honolulu. We appreciate our service member guests and we do our best to take care of them and their family by making them feel like they are part of our little Ohana here at the hotel.
Thank you for acknowledging our team member, we appreciate your sincere comments and we will share this review with our team.
Mahalo for staying with us and welcome again to Hawaii. We wish you and your family a smooth transition.

A Hui Hou.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed here on a recent business trip and was hesitant after reading online reviews. No idea why there are such low marks and negative comments. Very good hotel with a GREAT staff (especially Rose and Athena). Location isn't as easy to get to as I'd like, but is great for business travellers. Close enough you can almost walk to the terminal, yet still pretty quiet. My room had a nicely made King bed, new ammenities, and looked recently remodeled. Great value compared to resorts, great location if catching a Red Eye back to the mainland.

• Stayed October 2011
Lethbridge, Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

The Best Western was ok. We needed to be close to the airport for the next day, so the shuttle and close distance was very helpful. For aone night the hotel is good, beyond that I wouldn't stay.
The Interstate is right next to the hotel and the location isn't the greatest for access or attractions, etc.
The room was ok, needs some reno's though and not what I expected.
Exception to it all was the restaurant on-site. Went for breakfast and received a great, well made and extremely fast meal. Very impressed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple