$325
$337
$324
LuxuryCollection
1,555 results
All reviewsclose to the airportfront deskthe shuttle driverroom attendantpearl harboron site restaurantroad noisecar rentalconvenient locationparking garagecorner roomhousekeeping staffnorth shoremenabwliaisonhawaii
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Due to a mishap, I ended up stranded in Honalulu without my luggage. I was headed to Alaska, but, was dressed for Hawaii. Needless to say, I was not a happy traveler. I had nothing but rudeness from the airport "staff", and it was looking like there was no hotel room available. The Best Western Plaza Hotel was like a beacon in the night for me. I had very low funds and just needed a decent place to stay for a few days. The hotel was clean and well serviced. Yes, it was a bit older looking, but, I felt safe and secure. The noise was minimal from the airport. The nicest thing to happen to me, was at the counter when I was checking out. It was chilly outside and the front desk clerk, a woman named "Chera", literally gave me the sweater she was wearing to help me on my way home to Alaska. It was an amazing gesture of kindness. I have nothing but good things to say about my stay there. I also felt safe having so many of our soldiers and their familys staying there also. If I ever stay in Honalulu again, I will definately stay there again!!!!
The shuttle bus driver is also a great guy!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2011

The highlight of this hotel was their late night shuttle driver from the airport to the hotel. He was very nice, unassuming, helped us load our bags, and wanted to make sure we were getting where we should be going.

Before writing the rest of this review, let me just say I've stayed in other Best Westerns and understand that while they are not 5 star first class accommodations, they are typically comfortable, a good value, safe, clean, and friendly.

This hotel is right off the freeway, well, right below the highway, and with rooms opening to the outside, it made for a very noisy walk to our room. The lighting of the walkways was quite poor and for a weary traveler, it made me nervous to be walking outside, around corners alone.

Once inside the room, the noise from the roads was very well blocked, but some of that was from the modified window unit air conditioner that blew cold air but made you worry that it was going to leak onto your belongings.The room itself was fairly larger than expected, but a lot of space was taken up with oversized furnishings that wasn't needed. The bed was more comfortable than you would expect, but don't plan on flipping through the channels you would get at better hotels -- there aren't many channels to choose from.

Because we had been stranded for an extra night without our bags, we were relying on the toiletries provided in the room. These were extremely limited and sparse. There was a small bar of hand soap, a tiny (smaller than you would usually find in hotels) bottle of shampoo, and the same sized bottle of hand lotion. Tada, seriously that was it. There was a sign saying that the front desk would happily provide any personal items guests may have forgotten so we went down to the front desk to ask for conditioner and toothpaste. The front desk staff told us it would be sent up to our room right away. It never did show up. Every other Best Western I've stayed in has offered their guests a pretty good continental breakfast for free. The only breakfast this BW offered was one you could purchase in their on site restaurant and from our experience as a whole there, the restaurant was not something we wanted to add to our experience. Then, when checking out, the staff seemed to have better things to do than practice customer service or "service with a smile." The front staff was very flat and curt. The shuttle driver loaded our things onto the shuttle, allowed us to load, and then hopped off and walked away for about 5 minutes. We were glad that we weren't in a rush to get to the airport.

Overall, the service staff isn't really hit or miss, it's just pretty much miss except for a couple of very nice staff members including the darling man who drove our late night shuttle from the airport. We wouldn't really recommend staying here unless you were stranded unexpectedly late at night like we were. We didn't feel safe, felt like the money spent wasn't worth what we got, and would not recommend it to others. There were several servicemen staying there and I felt bad that the men serving our country and protecting us were having to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second level.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
RudyFao, Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Mahalo for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for our team's short comings as customer service is utmost important to us. We will share and address your concerns with our team members at the front desk.
Our hotel situated close to Honolulu airport and with our complimentary 24 hrs shuttle service, getting to and from the airport is quick and convenient.

Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much) for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another chance on exceeding your service expectations.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

We were in Hawaii for the ProBowl and our flight out got delayed by three days. We had no where to stay and the Best Western managed to get us a room at the very last minute. They were very nice and quite accomadating. The room was very clean, laundry and dining facilities on premise, easy access to the airport and we could even return our rental car right there at the hotel. We will most certainly stay at the hotel again. Maholo~

Room Tip: Just ask for their very best price.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel with the exception of a few things. The rooms were nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable. The microwave and refrigerator was difficult to operate with the location of where it was placed. The refrigerator didn't get very cold, had concerns about our food going bad. The hotel staff were very friendly and tried to accommodate our needs as best as they could. If you are a light sleeper, I would highly recommend getting ear plugs as the traffic noise can be very loud at times. It was great to have secured parking available. The security officer was very helpful when the parking garage got full during the late night hours. The rooms provided great amenities, but needs a little work...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We had a trip planned elsewhere but had to change our plans at the last minute. I booked this hotel as part of a vacation package through United. Because of it being so last-minute, I didn't have the time to do my research before our trip, but we found the hotel to be clean and comfortable with a gracious staff. We had a king size bed poolside and it was a very comfortable bed and a large room with a mini fridge and microwave. Although the highway is right there, and the airport right around the corner, it did not disturb our sleep except for the first night (I slept fine throughout the stay but my husband said he kept hearing the planes taking off only on the first night).

What we didn't realize was how far we really were from Waikiki...though we enjoyed being close to Pearl Harbor, it took us an hour by city bus to get into the Waikiki area. If we went back again we would certainly rent a car, though parking is a bit pricey at $20 a day for non-military.

The only snafu was that we had paid for our hotel stay through United Vacations but I was charged again on my credit card erroneously. I noticed this on the receipt at checkout and it was immediately taken care of by the very kind staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple