“We'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Soul DE Cuba Cafe - CLOSED

Soul DE Cuba Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“We'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Though I wanted to try this place on many occasions, I always bypassed it for Brasserie du Vin next door (I'm an incorrigible wino). We finally dropped in since it was a Sunday (and Brasserie is closed on Sundays). Overall a very good meal! The Soul Sampler included a beef filled potato croquette (very good), crab cake (good flavor though too tighly packed) and fried plantains (tasted more like bananas due to the sweetness and texture). However the braised oxtail and roasted pork were TO DIE FOR! The mojito cheesecake also provided a refreshing contrast of lime and mint to the rich cream cheese. Already thinking about the shredded beef and spicy seafood pasta on our next visit!

Sidney, Maine
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We had a pleasant lunch at Soul de Cuba. I had never been in the downtown area before, it seems a bit desolate there mid-day. The food was very good, and the mojito was excellent.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Mojitos, not so great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Mojitos are very good, unless you order a pitcher. My husband and I did this once, and it wasn't very good. We've eaten there twice, and both times were disappointed in our food.

Great Falls
“Cool Atmosphere and Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

If you are looking to try something a little different head over to Soul DE Cuba Cafe. I had the Motofu dish which was amazing; however, after trying my friends entrees I realized that mine was by far the best and they agreed. The atmosphere was nice, service was a little slow. The servers, while friendly, where not necessary the most attentive.

I will definitely go again, despite the service, just have the Motofu entree again!

• Visited January 2012
Minnesota
“Food was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

The food was nothing to talk about . Would not definitely recommend the place. Parking is very difficult to find

• Visited October 2011