“Absolutely the Best Meal in Honolulu for a Reasonable Price”

Taormina Sicilian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Taormina Sicilian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,420 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Don Ho
Description: Inspired by authentic Sicilian recipes from the kitchens of Southern Italy's seaside town of Taormina, Chef Hiroyuki Mimura pairs fresh pastas with the highest quality seafoods and meats. Unspoiled by heavy sauces, Sicilian-style pastas are dressed in pure, extra virgin olive oil. Fresh vegetables, lightly grilled fresh local fish, and lamb seasoned with herbs offer diners a healthy range of options.Featured dishes include fresh Fettucine Carbonara finished with tableside Truffle service, grilled Lamb Chops "Palermo" and Veal "Siciliana." Taormina's specialty dish is Uni Pasta (Sea Urchin), a delicacy enjoyed in Japan and Italy. Italian espressos compliment Dolci (dessert) selections of house made desserts.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family, friends and I have been to Honolulu to celebrate several big occasions but only this year did we find Taormina; I'm only sorry we hadn't known about it sooner. It was--by far--the freshest and most finely-prepared food we were served during our holiday. The white-tablecloth and fine-dining atmosphere were welcoming as well as nicely done, and the service was far better than at either La Mer or at Orchids. We had the freshly-made pasta, which I would recommend in a heartbeat, and the lamb, which was superb. Even though we were full, we ordered one dessert to split and was glad we did: the warm chocolate cake was worth it. Congratulations to the chef, staff and servers. We will be back and bring friends. The next party is here.

There are newer reviews for Taormina Sicilian Cuisine

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Liked this place but the area is too small. We had the seat that is facing the sidewalk. I thought it was odd that they people walking can directly see us eating but after a while it was okay. Food was good. But I would go to Orchids if I am to spend that much money.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I wanted a lamb chop and someone suggested Taormina. Glad I dined there. In NYC you get the standard 3 lamb chops lollipoped and, in the right place, done well. At Taormina they deliver two monstrous double lamb chops which seemed like a pound of lamb. The sear and charring on the lamb and fat was spectacular. I will say some may find it on the salty side but it was a thing of beauty and cooked just to what I had ordered. I topped it off with Cab-Sauv and I was golden. Lovely place to eat although inside the restaurant is very classy if you are out in the outdoor area can be a bit ugly. All-in-all fantastic!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We went for their Happy Hour which is from 2-5pm everyday. They have small apps and desserts as well as drink specials. Drinks & apps are $5. Desserts start at $3. Portions aren't huge for the food but a good economical way to try the restaurant. Would go back again when in Waikiki.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best Italian food in honolulu:) Visited first time four years ago and fell in love with the food, atmosphere and service...this year revisited honolulu again and in first night here went in there and realised it was worth the wait:) inside 3weeks came to eat here six times...i´m chef myself and I know my food;)
recommend Spaghetti "vongole" fresh and light...also recommend their happy hour from 2-5pm small antipastos for 5$ each
...will come again as soon as get money enough for trip back here...
now back to freezing my [--] off in darkness of scandinavia
ty, taormina:)