“Food that melts in your mouth.”
Review of Nobu Honolulu

Nobu Honolulu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu Honolulu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Colorado
“Food that melts in your mouth.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went into this restaurant with very lofty expectations based on what I've heard about Nobu restaurants. As you might guess by my 5-star rating, my expectations were met. I was warmly greeted by the hostess, and promptly seated at the sushi bar. Once at the bar, I was warmly greeted by both a sushi chef, and my server. I soon received a hot towel and place servings from the sushi chef. I ordered a mai tai to drink(after all, I was in Honolulu), which was delicious. I ordered numerous items of the menu, including unagi (eel) for the first time ever for me, and found everything to be delicious. The shrimp tempura was one of the best things I've ever had. I then asked the sushi chef to make me whatever he recommended. He made me some great salmon sushi dishes. I should note that I looked at the dessert menu, but didn't find anything particularly appealing so didn't partake. I highly recommend this restaurant and am dreaming about the next time I'm able to eat at Nobu!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had an amazing experience at Nobu the service was exceptional and food fantastic. Thoroughly recommend it.

Visited September 2013
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Great Food, Iffy Service.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We are big fans of Nobu. The food is always creative and meticulously prepared. Upon a recent visit to Hawaii we dined at Nobu at Waikiki. The food was as always spot on but the service was rushed and snobby. It seems that this special restaurant has gotten very chain like without the special treatment you deserve when laying out so much money for the experience.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lawrence O
Singapore, Singapore
“Best choice in Waikiki”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great food, drink, service and ambiance. The menu choice was extensive and to be honest had challenges on what to choose and that's where we were impressed with the service. The waiter asked what we liked and gave suggestions on the dishes. We all shared the dishes and all enjoyed the choices, so 10 out of 10 for our waiter.

San Clemente, California
“Overrated, overpriced, poorly executed”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I cannot understand the rave reviews of this place. Our experience was One of sore disappointment and feeling so very cheated. The place is clearly overrated and extremely overpriced! Even by Waikiki standards. We left hungry and disgusted. After a $ 153 bill. I had to go to a 2nd restaurant to be satisfied.

The misoyaki style butterfish was ruined with an overcaramelized thick crust that was overly sweet and candied. They did not brush off the excess miso marinade prior tocooking, hence the thick gooey sweet crust.

The crab leg tempura was soaking in a sour overly citrusy sauce , therefore soggy, instead of having a dipping sauce on the side.as i had specifically requested. We ordered plain prawn tempura. They could not even do this right. It was soggy ,greasy and tempura batter partly raw. If you are looking for fine authentic Japanese cuisine, I would avoid this place. We got a poorly executed meal that was pretentious.