“Best restaurant on Oahu - no questions”

Roy's Waikiki Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikiki Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,622 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

We went to Roy's twice during our week in Oahu. We celebrated 2 birthdays - once with a group of 4 and the other night with 16 and they were great both times. The macadamia nut crusted fish with lobster sauce was one of the best things I have ever had and the lava cakes are also incredible. Whether you want fresh seafood, sushi or steak, put Roy's at the top of your list!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,139)

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We dined at Roy's our first night in Honolulu. We asked for a table outside. There is some street noise, but people watching and the sea breeze make it pleasant. We had wine and enjoyed one of the price fixe menus. The appetizer was a beautifully prepared spicy raw fish. The salad was pedestrian, but adequate. The Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi-Mahi with Lobster Sauce was one of the best dishes either of us could remember! The fish was fresh and prepared perfectly. The sauce is rich, buttery and full of macadamia nuts. The final course, Roy's Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé is almost too decadent! Add a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, a great way to start vacation in Waikiki!

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Tried the night before to get in, but without a reservation we'd have to have waited 45 minutes, so booked for the following night.

Everything about our dining experience was excellent.
The food, the service, the ambience all excellent.
The spring rolls while a bit pricey were delicious. The portions of our main meal was very generous. I had the mahimahi fish and my partner the meatloaf, so filling neither of us could finish it. Although I left a little room for coffee brulee and doughnuts, which was so nice.

Waiter and water filler were very friendly and we were happy to leave a 20% tip as we enjoyed everything about our meal.

I hope if you read this review and decide to go, that your meal is as good as ours.

2  Thank CyberGreen
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Slightly pricey but great drinks. Service was great and the menu had plenty to choose from. Would recommend to others for a nice sit down near the beach.

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Every time I go to Honolulu I go to Roy's. It is one of my favourite places to eat. I can only say, if you want the best service, best food and lovely ambiance visit Roy's. Make sure you make your reservation well in advance as it gets full. I loved the blackened ahi tuna. And for dessert we both had the chocolate soufflé and it was awesome.

Been to Roy's Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!