“Very good dinner at Roy's”

Roy's Waikiki Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikiki Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,522 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We were walking around Waikiki looking for a restaurant that had room for 2 more -- we wound up at Roy's and a seat at the bar. There we had an outstanding dinner with outstanding service. Overall, we had a really good time and recommend that others try this restaurant notwithstanding its corporate chain provenance.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,020)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I liked that this place is kid friendly and has great meals for the little ones. My daughter loved this place. It has great adult options too! Very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I came here wanting some a Hawaiian seafood. It was very loud and the we didn't feel like it was anything special. I asked the server for a fish that was not overpowered by sauce or seasoning. I got the monchong which was good but not really what I was expecting, and my husband had snapper which was way overcooked and oversauced. Our server was nice but it wasn't really the experience we were looking for... too expensive for what we got. Next time we will go to a non-chain.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have visited Roy's at several locations and have never been disappointed.
This one at Waikiki was walking distance from the Hilton Hawaiian Village so was perfect for us.
I read somewhere that it is ranked number 10 of 1,893 restaurants in Honolulu. The other 9 must be out of this world.

The service is absolutely unobtrusive and cannot be faulted.
We sat outside on the balcony for lunch and really enjoyed it.
We shared Hawaii Kai Crab cakes, Kiawe smoked Szechuan Baby Back Pork Ribs and Crispy Chinatown Chicken Spring Rolls.
All delicious especially the pork ribs.
A bootle of Whitehaven Marlborough, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc went very well with the meal.
We own (and recommend) Roy's Cook book and use it often at home.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Definitely a good place to eat. I walked in and was transported back to a well intended Chinese restaurant in the suburbs but Roy's was much more than this. Service was good too.