“Best thing we did on our 11 day vacation in Oahu!”
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best thing we did on our 11 day vacation in Oahu!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I saw the hole in the wall food tour showcased on the Food Channel one night before my husband and I planned our trip to Hawaii, and once I googled the tour and read all the rave review, I knew that I HAD to do it. It looked good on TV, but it was even better in person. Little did I know at the time I booked it, but the Hawaii Food Tour turned out to be the best activity/tour of our whole 11 day vacation. (And trust me, I had every hour of every day planned with fun activities).
The small group atmosphere (there are about 10-12 guests plus the two hosts) perfectly complimented all of the places we went to eat because it really felt like you were part of a family. The hosts, Matthew and Keira are incredibly knowledable about the region, area, and of course all of the bountiful food. Both of the hosts talk to you one-on-one throughout the trip, and take a general interest in your life. Needless to say, the food is absolutely wonderful, and you get to try SO many new things that you might not try by yourself. My only advice is to pace yourself so you can try it all!.
I emailed Matthew before I left for Hawaii, and he sent me a list of restaurants that he recommended so I could plan my whole vacation around the best food in Hawaii. I planned my itinerary accordingly, and let me tell you, I think I ate the tastiest foods I have ever had in my life. (Most of the places Matthew recommended were non-touristy, inexpensive, and delicious)

After the tour, Matthew sent us home with a listing of everything we ate, the holes in the walls we visited, and even some recipes so we could try to to make some of the food we had ourselves.

I would recommend Hawaii Food Tours to ANYBODY and EVERYBODY that lives in Hawaii, is visiting Hawaii, or knows how to spell Hawaii. You won't regret it. Just tell Matthew and Keira "hi" for me!

5 Thank Millikan07

• Turkish first
East Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome food tour!”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We loved the "Hole-in-the-wall" food tour with Matthew and Keira. They took us to Chinatown and showed us around while explaining the different cultures found in Hawaii. We sampled a lot of food in Chinatown, local bakeries (YUM!), and a couple of small restaurants. I also enjoyed them pointing out different sites along the way and telling the history of places in Honolulu. This was a very interesting and delicious tour! We would definitely recommend it!!!

6 Thank luv2travelEastTexas
NSW
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mathew Grays hole in the wall tour”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Matthew and Keira. Delicious food, fun company and boundless enthusiasm from our hosts made for a wonderful experience - not to be missed in Honolulu!

Di and Chris Moloney - Australia

5 Thank DidiNsw
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Food Experience!”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Matthew and Keira are such a joy to meet and spend time with! They will make you feel at home immediately. The hole-in-the-wall tour was an awesome experience, from Chinatown to two of the best bakeries in town to one of the best plate lunch restaurants in the city. As tourists, my wife and I would have missed out on this wonderful food had we not gone on the tour. We recommend the hole-in-the-wall tour as a must-do for anyone visiting Honolulu!

6 Thank okfoodiewannabe
va
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“True foodie passion!”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Matthew and Keira are not only a joy to be with, but offer a truly unique food experience. Their knowledge and passion for the local food scene shine through. Good eats all the way and you will not go away hungry. Their tour choices and recommendations on the island are top notch. If you are a foodie you must make the trip.

4 Thank bubbajr