“Great Tour”
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My girlfriend and I took this tour recently and loved it! Matt and Keira are obviously passionate about the places they took us to, and each location was a treat. The mix of great food (and lots of it) and culture made it an exciting trip. After the fun in Honolulu, they shared with us a number of other locations to visit on Oahu and the Big Island (the next stop on our vacation). Definitely go there early in your trip so they can give you ideas for places to eat on the rest of your trip.

3  Thank srezvan

Reviewed June 5, 2009

Mathew and Keira are the sweetest people and my husband and daughter think this the the # ONE highlight of our hawaii experence. Wish we had done the tour first. This is a must go tour if you go to Hawaii.

3  Thank Live4greatfood
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Even though I am from Hawai'i and have eaten at most of the restaurants on the tour, the experience was totally worth it. Matthew and Keira are very friendly and knowledgeable guides who present not only some of the best local food but also a good deal of island history. If you really want to experience local cuisine, this tour is the perfect place to start.

2  Thank HawaiiHanayo
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I have been to Honolulu on business many times and I am always looking for something different to do in my spare time. HFT was the best thing I have ever done. Matthew and his fiance, Keira are fun people who bring their expertise & enthusiasm to this experience. I took the Hole In The Wall Tour. During this tour you get to visit TWO (yum!) bakeries, a noodle shop, a plate lunch place, a local hangout for manapua and a fascinating shop in Chinatown that sells all kinds of spices and dried fruit. At each stop, a different type of delicious food awaits. We also took about an hour's walking tour of Chinatown. Everything was WONDERFUL. But, the best part of the tour was meeting Matthew and Keira. They are what makes the tour special. Matthew's foodie background and Keira's local knowledge (she grew up on Oahu) make for a really, really good time. We traveled in a brand new air conditioned van with room for everyone (there were 9 on my tour). We had a good group and I was sorry when it was time to say goodbye. I am seriously thinking of taking this tour again next time I am in Honolulu!

4  Thank Coco21
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We had arrived in Honolulu the night before, after an 11 hour flight from the East Coast, and frankly, I wasn't too sure that a four hour food tour was the best cure for our jet lag. I was WRONG! Within minutes of being picked up by Keira and Matthew, we were relaxed and entranced by their warmth and expertise, and by the history, multi-culturalism and beauty that is Oahu. A few minutes later we arrived at our first food stop, and from that moment the party was on! We experienced so much in such a short time, and were able to use the handout listing recommended restaurants around the island during the rest of our travels (we loved the Kua Aina burgers in Haleiwa). We wholeheartedly recommend the Hole-in-the-Wall tour for anyone interested in a fun and stress-free way to learn a lot more about the tastes and sights of Honolulu, and can't think of a better introduction to a wonderful place. Thanks Matthew and Keira, and best of luck!

The Heyers